Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interstate 40 Superchargers between Little Rock AK and Oklahoma City

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a lot of holes which are much bigger than this out west...but if you are only counting holes "along an interstate" then I think you are correct.
Since currently, all Superchargers are built adjacent to Interstate highways (with the exception of the new lower-power Urban-style superchargers), yes, I did mean along an Interstate.

• Disagree
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Since currently, all Superchargers are built adjacent to Interstate highways (with the exception of the new lower-power Urban-style superchargers), yes, I did mean along an Interstate.
That may be the case in Alabama. However, if you look at the rest of the country, you can see several Superchargers out west that aren't anywhere close to interstates. Take a look at Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, California, etc. Those states all have Superchargers that are not along interstates and are not the new Urban Superchargers.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Copying a comment I made in a thread on this subject in another TMC area:
Just as an FYI, Electrify America has opened a charging station at the Walmart in Clarksville, AR. Of the 4 stalls, 1 has a CHAdeMO connector (all 4 have CCS). So, for those driving cars that support the CHAdeMO adapter's use (at this moment only Models S/X) and have access to an adapter, I-40 from OKC to Little Rock is potentially open.

From the OKC supercharger to the Clarksville EA charger is ~250 miles. So, for all but the longest range models, that's going to be a tough stretch and is still may be weather dependent even for the LRs. But you can get an easier distance by diverting some and going through Tulsa. From the Tulsa (Catoosa, OK) supercharger to the Clarksville EA charger is ~170 miles if you take the toll roads or ~190 for the fastest route that also avoids the tolls. Taking the turnpike saves you about a 1/2 hour according to google.