Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory vs brand new MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was taking my time to decide between an inventory MX vs a brand new one, but with the pending price increase (3%) on March 18th, I'll have to figure it out this week.
Would you get the 2018 inventory model or a brand new one???

Inventory model
2018 MX 75d
multi-pattern black base seats
$87,000

New model
2019 MX 100d
All Black Premium Interior
$96,000

Both have the same color, seats, AP2.5, etc... The difference comes down to battery size and interior, and of course $9k.
We mostly do city driving, with the 3x/year long road trip.

Thanks,

if only price difference is $9k, i would go with 100d. i have 2018 75D and sometimes i wish i had more range. those extra $9000 will come in real handy when you can skip one of the SC stop on your long trip over a few years.

I would opt for the new model. For a price difference like that, I'd pull the trigger and upgrade to the 100D. Pretty sure you can also take off unwanted features when purchasing if there is something you don't like. Could save you a little $.

Definitely get the 100D. It will come with premium seating and the increased range for $9k. I have a 75D and the range is lacking as the efficiency in the X isn't the greatest. We just use our 3 much more often because of it's superior range and quicker charging. Only positive for the X is the space and wing doors are easy to load kids into. Every other aspect of the X is inferior to a loaded 3 IMO.

So I'm a current owner and just picked up a Model X P100DL inventory car. Got $20k off for ludicrous comp. I think it's the way to go and better value compared to Raven. Mine was $81,800 and previous demo car. White on white 6 seat interior, FSD, EAP, 22 inch wheels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190629-210824.png
    Screenshot_20190629-210824.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: VikH
It's really a challenge for me to negotiate the price of an inventory model X (Raven). Any tips please? Thx

Tesla mostly doesn't negotiate. There have been exceptions at the end of a quarter sometimes, on inventory cars, but generally they set a price and folks accept it or don't.

If Tesla doesn't like the outcome, they set a new price the next week.