TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Invisibility Mode Discovered!

Discussion in 'Video' started by efusco, Dec 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Laserbrain

Laserbrain Member

+1

Exactly what I thought.

2. William13

William13 Active Member

The road looks to be confusing in the video. When people are confused they break the rules of the road and do odd things. By the way, people usually stay in their lanes in St Louis? Lane wondering it common here in Indiana.

3. Vexar

Vexar Member

I saw the Waffle House, too. Something about drivers, what? I dunno. Just saw Waffle House and said to myself "I'm living in the wrong state!" Appreciate that where you were driving, people are either headed to the Waffle House and are ravenously distracted, or they have recently left that institution, and are likely in some sort of food coma. I think the whitish Cadillac had just left and was so drowsy they had to make a U-turn because they forgot which way was home, and the cross-over SUV driver was turning wide because it was the shortest path to the Waffle House.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

#24 efusco, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Here's an animation of the diverging diamond (not the same intersection, but another in the same town. I think they're most confusing for people wanting to make a right turn after exiting the highway as it is not obvious what lanes traffic is approaching from to the left.

5. 1208

1208 Active Member

There has got to be a better way to engineer that intersection.

6. scott jones

scott jones Member

For anyone criticizing the OP, you didn't watch. Illegal u turn on a RED even, and another moron.
    regardless you are supposed to turn into the NEAREST lane. I also USE my horn a lot! Saying something INSIDE your car doesn't do sh*t. It's better than the morons who think it's just an "airbag holder!" . And I love the scream

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

I feel as Evan did watching the video, though j don't beep my horn as long. I just wanted to mention that the Florida handbook lets you go over a lane when making a left turn. So the leftmost lane turning left then has the leftmost and 2nd most left lane to go into (assuming nobody next to you). If there are two left lanes, then the other left turn lane gets the 2nd and 3rd most lane when they make their left. It wasn't until after college that I learned it isn't this way everywhere.