Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invisibility Mode Discovered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were just looking for the Waffle House...geez

waffle house.PNG

At 1:40 mark Anthony Bourdain Has Discovered The Waffle House - YouTube

The 1st car already made his/her turn before your car started rolling, I don't think there's a need to accelerate into that car just because. The 2nd car did cut in front of you, but it appears you still have plenty of time to react. Have you considered anger management? :tongue:

The 1st car already made his/her turn before your car started rolling, I don't think there's a need to accelerate into that car just because.

Au contraire!
The Caddy never stopped, a requirement for a turn-on-red everywhere as far as I know.
And they violated the TITYODL rule, which is Turn In To Yer Own Damn Lane.

Rep points to Evan for not discharging weapons at these bozoids.

Last edited:
Au contraire!
The Caddy never stopped, a requirement for a turn-on-red everywhere as far as I know.
And they violated the TITYODL rule, which is Turn In To Yer Own Damn Lane.

Rep points to Evan for not discharging weapons at these bozoids.
I'm not disputing these two drivers shouldn't be on the road. But OP sounded one notch from being a road rage. I see you're in Houston, driving SW freeway 59 merging with 610 and we get this type of scenario daily. OP wouldn't last a day in Houston. :tongue:

The 1st car already made his/her turn before your car started rolling, I don't think there's a need to accelerate into that car just because. The 2nd car did cut in front of you, but it appears you still have plenty of time to react. Have you considered anger management? :tongue:

That car had a red light, and it was an illegal U-turn...And while I did see it roll it never came to a stop and I assumed they were rolling up to the stop line. So, I never accelerated at a rate that would put us at risk of collision, they still created an unnecessary and illegal obstacle to 3 lanes of traffic that all had the right of way.

I love laying on my horn in my CRV because it's so high pitched and loud....but seriously you gotta relax. I am sure there are times when you have driven like an idiot.
Certainly, and I wave and am apologetic when I have. But I've never done anything like that first person did...simultaneous red light and illegal u-turn with oncoming traffic...nope, never. That is inexcusable and I won't relax.
The second though more dangerous than the first I can at least understand how it happened and that it was an honest mistake by someone unfamiliar with the odd interchange...but with the two so close together that was pretty frustrating and I didn't feel a need to relax on either one.

....but seriously you gotta relax. I am sure there are times when you have driven like an idiot.

I think he reacted quite reasonably to a pair of dozy prats wandering into his lane. That there was limited danger or possibility of an accident is entirely beside the point.

His yell was likely one of the frustrated "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???" kind (where you question the state of the world and wonder if you've passed into the Twilight Zone), more that one borne of rage. Had this happened to me, I would have been jittery and fearful for my life for the entire remainder of the drive.

To Evan, maybe a strongly-worded letter to your city council on how ineptly those tiny-ass arrows function when used as traffic lights is in order?

The pre-institutional and their antics. One in my town killed the mother of 3 on a pedestrian crossing claiming
she jumped out of a window on her hood. Now we have a giant flashing yellow sign the size of a billboard at the
site PEDESTRIAN CROSSING it reads.

I see Cadillac or Buick I double the distance and expect the worst.

I honked a total of one time since I got my MS, at someone using their phone at a light that was green for about 5 seconds. I felt kind of bad about it because I wasn't being impatient or angry, just trying to inform the person that the light was green, but the tap I gave the horn sounded a little angry.

I don't need the stress of getting angry or making anyone angry at me, so I just do what I can to drive safely by controlling my car instead of trying to make other people control their car the way I think they should. I find that honking rarely prevents accidents, in some cases even confusing the target and making things worse (happened to me once and I was lucky not to cause an accident, because the honker didn't even attempt to evade).

Michigan recently got its first diverging diamond interchange and I saw it for the first time yesterday. Pretty cool and didn't see anyone using it wrong, though I see how it can confuse people.