Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invitation to TEAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do it!!! We’re all essentially beta-testers anyway, so why wouldn’t you want early access?

My biggest fear is waking up one morning and my m3 becomes a paper weight because of a software glitch. Yikes. I'm on the fence but i wish if i decided not to do this, i can pass the baton on to one of you fine folks here.

Reactions: Drax
I wouldn’t worry about them bricking your car. By this stage in the development, the software should be stable enough for them to get relevant data needed to tweak, improve, and validate features/functionality, like for instance Autopilot enhancements. I would definitely make sure to pay more attention using new AP features though lol

My biggest fear is waking up one morning and my m3 becomes a paper weight because of a software glitch. Yikes. I'm on the fence but i wish if i decided not to do this, i can pass the baton on to one of you fine folks here.

You may or may not receive accidental falcon firmware that does auto steer (beta) lane changes at mad max mode/9G before it gets corrected later same day hah.

However to be completely serious I think you have to look at your own driving behavior and asses if you are responsible enough to handle the beta of a beta. You need extra attentiveness even beyond the wide release both for yours and Tesla’s benefit.

You get the opportunity to see new things first and have a chance to pass valuable feedback to Tesla to improve AP for everyone else. I hope if you accept, that you treat it seriously and not set the AP program back for all other drivers.

*grumbles, kicks something inexpensive*

Been trying to get into this since I got the car. Significant sw engineering and test experience, a "car guy", and a big fan of autopilot, but apparently luck matters more.

Don’t you have a car you should be detailing? ;)

Can’t say for sure but frequent and thoughtful feedback to the autopilot team I imagine would expedite your acceptance.

Just please don’t be like those attention whores who run off to electrek and reddit. Look at how cool I am. F them. Its a sacred responsibility to your family and the fleet at large.

Two things I don’t treat lightly for a second:
Handing a firearm
Handling a 4000 lb vehicle

Last edited:
Don’t you have a car you should be detailing? ;)

That stings, my friend! :p But yeah, I suspect that'll be happening pretty soon, depending on when V9 goes wide. I've had mixed luck with getting updates in the early-ish waves but I have a hard time believing it'll take over a month before either of us sees it.

Can’t say for sure but frequent and thoughtful feedback to the autopilot team I imagine would expedite your acceptance.

Don’t be like those attention whores who run off to electrek and reddit. Look at how cool I am. F them. Its a sacred responsibility to your family and the fleet at large.

Two things I don’t treat lightly for a second:
Handing a firearm
Handling a 4000 lb vehicle

Indeed. I've submitted quite a lot of bug reports through the verbal feature but I think I'm gonna go back to emailing them with reproducibility notes, etc. I hate lack of detail when bug hunting, I'm sure they do too.

That stings, my friend! :p But yeah, I suspect that'll be happening pretty soon, depending on when V9 goes wide. I've had mixed luck with getting updates in the early-ish waves but I have a hard time believing it'll take over a month before either of us sees it.

Indeed. I've submitted quite a lot of bug reports through the verbal feature but I think I'm gonna go back to emailing them with reproducibility notes, etc. I hate lack of detail when bug hunting, I'm sure they do too.

Email absolutely is best, you can link private YouTube videos, google map images, etc.