Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS 13 iPhone beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had no problems with beta 4 but now with beta 5 my phone doesn’t automatically unlock the car when I approach it.

does anyone know how to get that working again?
I am on Public Beta 4 (Dev Beta 5) and have no issue with phone walk-up unlock (or walk away lock). iPhone XS. You've checked you are still logged in to the app? Maybe try logging out/in to the app again. Reboot phone... reboot car... stuff like that?

I had no problems with beta 4 but now with beta 5 my phone doesn’t automatically unlock the car when I approach it.

does anyone know how to get that working again?
On Beta 5 and have had this a few times. First time used app to unlock and it Powered up and drove fine. Next time I did a restart of my iPhone and Tesla. Then went into Settings> BT and hit Tesla Not Connected for it to try and it Connected. Now it has connected each time.

I am on Public Beta 4 (Dev Beta 5) and have no issue with phone walk-up unlock (or walk away lock). iPhone XS. You've checked you are still logged in to the app? Maybe try logging out/in to the app again. Reboot phone... reboot car... stuff like that?

If that doesn't help, try this:
  1. Unpair the Bluetooth connection on the phone end and tell the phone to forget the car as a Bluetooth device.
  2. Unpair the Bluetooth connection on the car end and tell the car to forget the phone as a Bluetooth device.
  3. Tell the car to forget the phone as a key device.
  4. Uninstall the Tesla app on the phone.
  5. Reboot the phone (probably unnecessary; I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible here).
  6. Reboot the car (again, probably unnecessary; but it only take a couple of minutes).
  7. Re-install the Tesla app on the phone and log back into your Tesla account in the app.
  8. Re-pair the phone and the car in Bluetooth.
  9. Re-register the phone as a key device.
The point of this procedure is to try to wipe and re-create as much of the stored Bluetooth, phone-key, and Tesla app data on both the phone and the car as possible, short of complete resets to factory settings. If either device has suffered from some data corruption, that could explain the problem, and this procedure is likely to reset the (hypothetically) corrupted data.