Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IOS Tesla App v3.10. Here's How to Get it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
So just a few minutes ago, I went into the app store and looked at the updates available for my apps. I used the Update feature to get the latest Tesla app, but was surprised to see that it updated to 3.9.1 instead of the most current version, which is 3.10.

Here's the workaround...

Open up the app store, and manually search for "Tesla." In the search results, tap on the Tesla app icon, do not hit the Open button. In the next screen, an Update button will appear. Hit it.

For some reason, the app update functionality of IOS 13.x is currently pushing v3.9.1 of the Tesla app, yet manually searching for the Tesla app will get you to version 3.10.

Hope this helps. :)

So just a few minutes ago, I went into the app store and looked at the updates available for my apps. I used the Update feature to get the latest Tesla app, but was surprised to see that it updated to 3.9.1 instead of the most current version, which is 3.10.

Here's the workaround...

Open up the app store, and manually search for "Tesla." In the search results, tap on the Tesla app icon, do not hit the Open button. In the next screen, an Update button will appear. Hit it.

For some reason, the app update functionality of IOS 13.x is currently pushing v3.9.1 of the Tesla app, yet manually searching for the Tesla app will get you to version 3.10.

Hope this helps. :)

updated to 3.10.0 for me. iOS 13.1.

updated to 3.10.0 for me. iOS 13.1.
How long ago?

I ask, 'cause there's been a few guys that just recently (like in the last hour), got version 3.9.1 when using the OS's Update function. Maybe peeps that did it earlier successfully got 3.10? Might be a recent bug, as it's happening right now for people that attempt to update?

I also was on 13.1.

Can confirm this works perfectly... got 3.1 although my Tesla app wasn’t listed as needing an update.... I don’t have V10 yet, and there’s no window controls or smart summon yet, even with 3.1, but I’m hoping having 3.1 might somehow “tell” the car to download v10 sooner than it would have otherwise... I will post an update when V10 is sent...

Reactions: Phlier
Within the last few hours.

I did a “pull down” of the new (semi hidden) app update screen to refresh it and then hit update.

That's exactly it. You need to pull down that menu to "refresh" the updates listed, and then you will see 3.10.

Easy cheesy. I never go into the update screen without doing a pull down - it's been that way for years; I believe the list of available updates only refreshes once or twice a day; the pulldown makes it do so immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier