Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 6 and Bluetooth problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been having a problem with my iPhone mysteriously calling itself when I get into my car. I can only fix the problem but turning off and then back on the Bluetooth.

The phone also locks the music out. Not sure why this just started but tesla can't fix it. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what you mean by, "the phone also locks the music out". But I've had some issues where the phone is streaming music/podcast to the car (I see the time indicator counting) but nothing is coming out of the speakers.

I've found that switching source to Streaming Radio, then back again to the iPhone seems to resolve that. BTW, I too have an iPhone 6+.

When your phone is connected via bluetooth, sometimes it will play commands (from Siri, Waze, Google Maps, and other navigation apps) through your car. It will basically appear as if you're getting a call from your own number - this is how you're able to listen to other audio sources besides your phone, and still get commands/noises/notifications from your phone to play through the system. Bluetooth systems in other cars work much the same.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
I had that problem and I deleted the phone profile from the Model X and deleted the Model X profile from the phone and it went away. Seems to be the thing to resolve most conflicts. Restarted phone and center screen as well.