Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone and text messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason I cannot get my iPhone text messages to appear on my Tesla screen. When I click the messages app on the Tesla touchscreen it says message sync disabled. But I cannot find any setting either on the Tesla or on my phone to sync them. The phone app and calendar and contact work fine. It is only messages. Can anyone offer a solution?

It doesn’t display it. It will only read it out loud. And you can respond back on microphone to reply.
When I go to the messages app on Tesla screen, it shows any messages received since my phone connected to the car. If no messages have been received, it shows nothing.

Just clarifying that it does show new messages, just not old messages.

I had the same issue, I was able to resolve it by, "Forgetting" and removing the Tesla from Bluetooth Menu within the iPhone. Then reconnecting and now new messages show back within the Phone.app on the Tesla screen.
same here, but it seemed somewhat random when it would or would not fix itself. I did this a billion or so times, and the 2-button reset, and whatever else I could think of. Oh, and I re-paired bluetooth between my phone and the car. e v e n t u a l l y it worked

Anyone figure this out?

I too have performed 2 button reset, disabled Bluetooth connection and forgot the Tesla in my phone.

Then re-paired the phone.

Still it will not show messages when I click on the phone button. It only shows calls, contacts, and favorites?

This seemed to have occurred after last tesla update.