Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iphone App's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today is collection day. I have started looking at what apps are available for Teslas.
Have obviously got a the Tesla one, a few charging ones, Polar, zap map etc....
But what i was wondering was, what paid apps do you all have/use?
What are the advantages/disadvantages of,
T4U for Tesla £17.99
Stats £19.99
Teslabud £2.99
Remote for Tesla £9.99
Or any other you care to recommend.

Hi.

I’ve used Remote for Tesla for around 3 years so thumbs up from me.

I looked in at Teslabud and it’s limited.

Reading just now prompted me to set up Siri shortcuts via my watch which are very customisable. Useful when hands are full! But depends on internet connection for both car and watch!

Tony

Hoping to revive this thread.

Due to pick up my M3 SR+ sometime in March and hoping those who have had their cars for a little longer could comment.

I'm interested in any companion apps to do with the car, ie Remote for Tesla or the myriad of camera viewing options. I don't think I'll be getting a Teslafi subscription so would discount that.

I'm happy with the main Charging ones but others may not be so feel free to add in recommends for those as you see fit.

Are they worth paying for?

Cheers.

I use:

Stats to:
- schedule pre-conditioning on weekdays (unlike Tesla built-in function, this stops after 20 mins automatically)
- view car status and recent battery and usage trends
-notify me if climate control is running without me being in the car (useful on the weekdays I don't use the car when its set to pre-condition)

Tesla remote with watch and voice commands to:
-unlock the car
-pre-condition climate control incl set temp ad hoc
-open the frunk/boot
-open the charge port
-activate homelink
-vent sunroof
-start or stop charging ad hoc

Last edited:
TeslaFi is more versatile than Stats, it stores all your journeys you’ve ever done.
It’s worth having a look at the free trial. I’ve PM’d you a referral code to double the length of the free trial.

So today is collection day. I have started looking at what apps are available for Teslas.
Have obviously got a the Tesla one, a few charging ones, Polar, zap map etc....
But what i was wondering was, what paid apps do you all have/use?
What are the advantages/disadvantages of,
T4U for Tesla £17.99
Stats £19.99
Teslabud £2.99
Remote for Tesla £9.99
Or any other you care to recommend.
I use TeslaFi it’s more versatile than Stats, I’ve PM’d you referral code which doubles the time of the free trial.

I bought Stats and Remote for Tesla, but I don’t get a lot of value from either of them and could do without both.

I was hoping that the Watch complications would make it more convenient to unlock the charge port and open the trunk, but they aren’t reliable enough or very slow to use in my experience. In fairness to the developers, I don’t think that is their fault. They have done their best with the limitations of what is available to them. Stats provides comparisons between your car and other users. Whilst it is interesting, those other users don’t necessarily have your car or drive in the same climate, so that information isn’t that useful.

Initially, I found the Estimated Range figure provided by Stats very helpful. That was because, like most new owners, I was a little obsessed with range and confused by the unhelpful rated range figure provided in the car itself. Now that I’m confident the car will do most of my regular journeys, I’ve switched to showing % of battery and forget about range until I go on longer trips where ABRP is the best thing ever.

I find Dash View for Tesla Cars and ABRP very useful indeed. I find ZapMap very helpful to locate non-Tesla chargers. The database has lots more information in it than ABRP, but the route planning isn’t as good in my view.

I use TeslaCam Video WebApp Player for watching TeslaCam files.

Its free and being web based, it works on a variety of devices, incl. iOS (although I found the default codecs on OSX to be better than those on Windows 10). Contrary to what some paranoid folks say, it does not send any data anywhere, so all videos are played direct from the device by the browser - it should be obvious this is the case considering its speed and no internet requirement but some so still claim that this website magically accelerates video upload when no internet is present.

Unfortunately though, at present, it does not work on the main Tesla screen - I've made a donation hoping that it will be developed sufficient that Tesla see fit to add read-only local device access (ie to TeslaCam folder) to the cars web browser.

As for formatting of TeslaCam drive on a Windows machine, these instructions using Formatting with RMPrep (option 3) have performed best for me (I tried a couple and RMPrep got me out of a predicament that other recommended software could not and successfully recovered my previously irreparable drive) - and benefit from being able to test authenticity of a device used for TeslaCam

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SuperTed and Roy W.
I also use the TeslaCam web browser video viewer.

ZapMap and PlugShare are also great for finding non-Tesla chargers.

ABetterRoutePlanner is indispensable for planning longer journeys. I’ve used it for trips to Paris and the Isle of Skye with great success.

I don’t use TeslaFi because I’m not happy sharing my Tesla credentials, but about a month ago I set up TeslaMate on a Raspberry Pi, and that is providing me with all the data I could possibly need.

Remote for Tesla or the myriad of camera viewing options. I don't think I'll be getting a Teslafi subscription so would discount that.

I have Remote-S, and TeslaFi.

I liked Remote-S because it provided a lot of information in a small space ... but I haven't used it in months, I now just use the Tesla APP (possibly because more than one car, and also PowerWall, so its kinda easier to just use the Tesla APP, and whatever fancy things I thought I was doing before with Remote-S I have grown out of)

But I use TeslaFi all the time. I have dozens of Schedules - making sure that the car is charging at work, and the charger hasn't tripped! as well as pre-conditioning the car before my normal departure. Reducing the charge to 80% at the start of cheap rate overnight, and then putting it back up to 90% an hour before normal departure to get some warmth into the battery in winter so I have less restricted Regen,. Scheduled for a 100% charge before a trip ... and so on.

I quite often look back at where / when I was on/at a particular occasion. When I have some snag with the car the detailed history helps with resolution (including seeing how longer Superchargers actually took to charge, and using that to work out a table of time-per-10%-intervals and so on. I can check the car's status without waking it up (so avoiding some vampire drain), and so on.

If used from new it gives a very useful Battery Degradation graph

TeslaFi offer a 14 day trial (extended to a month if you use a referral code), so you could try it and see for yourself. Some people say the data overload is not their cup-of-tea, and I understand that.

I've had the official Tesla app on my phone since I placed my order mid-December, it's probably the only app that I've never seen update when iOS has been upgraded, although I can't actually log into it.

Is it kept up to date?

Reading just now prompted me to set up Siri shortcuts via my watch which are very customisable. Useful when hands are full! But depends on internet connection for both car and watch!
Thanks for this. I had never used Shortcuts, so I just set one up to open the frunk, stop it charging if it is and unlock the charge port which I do every time I drive off for work. As you say, very useful when hands are full!