Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Music Auto Playing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my new MS about six weeks ago. It doesn’t have this issue. I don’t know if it is a new software version, or that I have mcu2 now instead of mcu1, or some other variable, but it definitely doesn’t auto play like my old ms did. Fwiw

I had a similar (albeit, temporary) experience. I had an MCU2 Model S loaner for a period of about 2 1/2 weeks and never had the issue. Issue came back when I got my MCU1 model S back.

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan
Just reviewed this entire thread. My wife’s iPhone X (currently on OS 13.2.3) has the issue being discussed: every time she uses our Model X (currently on V2019.36.2.1) her phone starts playing music. This has been happening for her for “years” she says (we took delivery in mid-2017).

I followed the instructions at How to stop music from auto-playing in your car . That did not solve the problem.

Oddly, my iPhone X does not behave the same as her phone. Mine will start playing once it connects to the car, but if I left the car set to a streaming music station, for example, my phone will not start playing. Note: I have not shut off CarPlay on my phone.

This issue does not occur with our Model 3.