Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Music Auto Playing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have the latest Tesla V9 update.
iOS 12.1 as well
I use Apple Music
I just noticed that when I get in the S even with Slacker Radio set, my iPhone starts playing music, I can tell because the Apple Music app is on my lock screen and if I switch the Tesla to Phone, the music is already playing.
It didn’t do this before and can drain the phone battery. I have t o swipe out or pause the music on the phone.
Tried several things but the phone still starts to play music on it’s own.
Anyone else notice this?

So I have the latest Tesla V9 update.
iOS 12.1 as well
I use Apple Music
I just noticed that when I get in the S even with Slacker Radio set, my iPhone starts playing music, I can tell because the Apple Music app is on my lock screen and if I switch the Tesla to Phone, the music is already playing.
It didn’t do this before and can drain the phone battery. I have t o swipe out or pause the music on the phone.
Tried several things but the phone still starts to play music on it’s own.
Anyone else notice this?
Yes - absolutely seeing this. I *think* if you pause the Tesla music app before you get out it won’t restart, but I won’t swear to that. Could just be that the app I was using had since been killed son nothing to resume. I’m less worried about the battery usage than I am of the hours of music I’m streaming over my phone cell plan while I’m driving with Slacker selected in the car. — Dan

So this was driving me crazy also. But I found an article on Imore.com. I turned off Apple Car Play. And low and behold it stopped.
Of course if you have a car that needs Carplay this wouldn’t be ideal. But I don’t think us Tesla folks care about that.
Long story short. Try it guys. It sure worked for me.
I won’t describe the details of how to turn off Carplay since it’s different with iOS 11 and 12.
But you can easily google this. It’s just a few buttons in the settings.

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000
It has been doing this on my X since I got the car. Really aggravating to have podcasts silently playing through. In iOS 12 the CarPlay restrictions are buried in Screen Time, what if Screen Time is off? No way to turn off Car Play. My answer is to leave Bluetooth all the way off, not just disconnect, and when driving the 3 use a Shortcut to control Remote S. Not great but serviceable.

I believe you can turn off. ONLY CarPlay without turning off screen time etc.....
In iOS 12.
Under “allowed apps”

Attachments

• 5E9B24E0-78BA-4BB2-9626-911DBA9400D6.png
    5E9B24E0-78BA-4BB2-9626-911DBA9400D6.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 352
  • 43CB3F9D-499F-4E51-B12A-22BA1EC2D7E0.png
    43CB3F9D-499F-4E51-B12A-22BA1EC2D7E0.png
    279.9 KB · Views: 244
Turning off CarPlay did NOT work for me. I turned it off last night after reading this thread and this morning after getting in the car my looked and music was playing on my phone even though I was streaming Slacker.
Same for me - didn't help. I sent a support request via the Tesla website. Not expecting a response any time soon though...

I have the same issue and for me it definitely started with V9. I’ve had my car for 2 years now and no issues before. Normal behavior used to be that the last used music input before exiting the car resumes after re-entering the car. I did report to Tesla support and I advise everyone to do the same so that they are enticed to fix it sooner rather than later.

I have the same issue and for me it definitely started with V9. I’ve had my car for 2 years now and no issues before. Normal behavior used to be that the last used music input before exiting the car resumes after re-entering the car. I did report to Tesla support and I advise everyone to do the same so that they are enticed to fix it sooner rather than later.
I still have the same last music source playing when I get back in the car (which is typically Slacker). Since v9 was installed I now also have music playing over Bluetooth from my iPhone even though I’m not listening to it.