Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPod won't connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, for a couple of days, I was finding that if I connected the BT iPod Touch to Alpine, and then shut the car off to go into a store, when I came out and turned the car on, the BT connected again. But yesterday, twice, it failed to re-connect when I turned the car on again. I turned the iPod's BT off and then on again, and it still did not connect. So the behavior is intermittent. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I didn't want to spend more time struggling with it, so I listened to a CD instead.

As for the NAV, if I zoom in enough some side street names do show up (as someone suggested above), but others do not, and some are only partially visible, as if the names are in fixed positions on the map and sometimes off screen or partly so. This is very screwy. Not only that, but sometimes it gives me turn directions way ahead (which is fine) but other times it gives me turn directions too late to make the turn.

All in all I rate the Alpine not acceptable.

You may have found the key. I've never used hands-free in any other car, so maybe my iPhone has no delay connecting to the Alpine since it's the only accessory device on the list.

You should certainly try removing the other vehicles - at least for the duration of your testing - to see if this smoothes the process.
After removing the other paired devices from the iPhone, it seems to work pretty reliably now. Go figure!