Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ireland road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been looking at doing a roadtrip to Scotland but not sure when we'll be allowed, however have seen that Ireland looks like it might be ok and open for self catering:
NI's hotels and bars can reopen from 3 July

Anyone been before on electric? Doesn't look like there's many fast chargers or Superchargers which is a shame :/
I’ve never driven electric in Ireland, but Scotland are planning to open hospitality outlets from 15 July if that’s any help.

Reactions: Adopado
Check out Ionity.eu for high speed charging there are 4 operational hubs that are more expensive than Tesla Superchargers but, are on major motorways and will help you on your way when Supercharging isn’t available, also look for destination chargers at many hotels, it is a small island range shouldn’t be a problem. Enjoy your stay. Céad míle fáilte romhat. :)

Reactions: m3p_uk
I'm looking to attend a wedding in the Republic of Ireland in the summer of 2021 and combine that with a bit of a road trip. Clearly it's still a long way away, but at some point I'm going to have to decide whether I fly and hire a car, or whether I take my own car over on the ferry.

Looking on the Tesla supercharger site, there are only a handful of superchargers in Ireland and zap map seems to show that other chargers are few and far between, however I appreciate that these numbers will increase over the next 12 months.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations driving an EV in the Republic of Ireland?

all depend on where you are going. Dublin to Galway is 130 miles for example.
ESB now apply a fee for chargers. - in Northern Ireland they remain free for the time being.
only a handful of superchargers in Ireland. One on the Belfast-Dublin motorway, one on the Cork-Dublin route and one more on Limerick-Dublin route.

all depend on where you are going. Dublin to Galway is 130 miles for example.
ESB now apply a fee for chargers. - in Northern Ireland they remain free for the time being.
only a handful of superchargers in Ireland. One on the Belfast-Dublin motorway, one on the Cork-Dublin route and one more on Limerick-Dublin route.

Well the Wedding is in Co Kildaire, but I have relatives in Co Longford and Co Leitrim and I'll probably do a coastal tour around the major cities including the ring of Kerry. Not much opportunity for Superchargers on this route, so careful planning would be essential