Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Irish Delivery and Collection 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that's really not much at all is it.

In anticipation of collecting tomorrow with and travelling west, where's the nearest chargers?

(The plan was to make it to Enfield but that could be a push if battery charge is similar).
If you cant make it to Enfield you can go to Ionity in Kill (10 mins drive) and put some charge in, and then fill up at Enfield. You may have enough to get to Enfield in which case go straight. You can just enter your final destination in the navigation of the car and it will tell you if you need to charge and schedule that in.. The Tesla SUC is more effciient, jsut plug car in and it starts to charge.

Reactions: ColR
If you cant make it to Enfield you can go to Ionity in Kill (10 mins drive) and put some charge in, and then fill up at Enfield. You may have enough to get to Enfield in which case go straight. You can just enter your final destination in the navigation of the car and it will tell you if you need to charge and schedule that in.. The Tesla SUC is more effciient, jsut plug car in and it starts to charge.
Great stuff, thanks for that. Downloading Ionity app now as I type.

Great stuff, thanks for that. Downloading Ionity app now as I type.
I would be surprised if you will need to charge before getting to SUC Enfield. Its 35KM journey

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 15.15.26.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 15.15.26.png
    794.3 KB · Views: 32
Dublin, I just plugged in at home, 32A (7.3/7.4kw) from a Zappi charger as expected... I've set the charge limit for it to 50% because I should test supercharging too - I want to leave room for it.
Nice! Great that you are close so you could reach home with the battery level at the time of delivery. Won’t be the case for me, so I will need to plan to have a charging stop between collection point to home.

Got mine too today, had 16% and charged up till 50% (took me 20 minutes) at ionity in kill. Ridiculously expensive charger so better to charge just enough to get home I’d say 😉 also, get ionity app and set up your charging details in advance to save yourself a hassle as place was quite busy already when we were leaving (mostly by new Teslas). It’s super fast to collect car, they don’t even check driving license etc as long as you have your Tesla app you are good to go. Enjoy your cars everyone!

Just got my registration now and picking up at 1pm tomorrow. Will be driving off without tax as it will take up to 48 hours before it is setup in the system. Still have insurance to setup as Chubb have to setup the Tesla in their system and they are having IT issues. All down to the wire but should be fine 👍
Glad to hear it took about 12% to get to Enfield so will make sure I have a bit more than that tomorrow 🤞

Nice one Jimmy. How did you fine the whole collection experience? Did you get much battery in yours?

I see they have the red buckets out for washing them!
I just kind of wondered in found my car followed the stuff in the app and was fine pretty much. I did go over and talk to some one to make sure I didn't miss something but I hadn't. For me it was great I don't like a big fuss but if you're more into a big deal it might be a little underwhelming. Very happy with the car though really nice build quality better than I was expecting and actually looks now different to the old M3 than I expected.

Nice one Jimmy. How did you fine the whole collection experience? Did you get much battery in yours?

I see they have the red buckets out for washing them!
Battery I had about 23% which was more than enough to get to Enfield. Also nice to stop there as 2 others were charging after picking up so feeling like part of the Tesla family after chatting with them

Currently on the phone to Tesla asking about my registration...... Wish me luck.......

EDIT 1: So I got through to Rachel. Told her I don't have reg plate yet and I need to transfer over insurance soon. She checked my account and said that I have: "registration authorisation, but not sure why I didn't have it yet". So she put me on hold only for a couple of minutes to talk to someone and came back saying there have been issues in the background, but it's in the process of being sorted and I'll have my registration sent to me this afternoon by text.

Hopefully that's the case. I'll keep ye in the loop.

EDIT 2: Well I just got a text, but a generic one telling me to download the app and confirming my collection date. No reg plate in it though.
So I still have no reg plate..... I rang again, got through to a different girl. She apologised about the delays in Ireland.

She followed up with an email just now saying I'll get my reg plate tomorrow. While travelling to collect the car on a train. That's a real inconvenience 😡

Great to see some of the lads from here at the collection in Dublin today. I arrived around 10.30 in a taxi (ordered the cab early just to get there on time and in case there was traffic). You're not allowed past the barrier until you're registered with them, which started at 11am, so take your time and have an extra coffee in the morning! After that, I think they were trying to create an event but everyone just wanted to see their car. To be fair, it all went smoothly. I had 13% battery and 12kms on the clock. There's a roundabout about 200m away from the centre so you'll get to test the new indicators early!! I charged mine at home with a type 1 to type 2 adaptor. it's slow but it works. Really happy with the car...worth waiting for. Enjoy tomorrow lads.

Does anyone here know approx where does a ship be when VIN gets assigned? For example where was Titus located when people who are receiving delivery now got their VINs?

I saw on UK thread they got VINs as the ship passed South Africa. But for us here in Ireland it seems different.

Great to see some of the lads from here at the collection in Dublin today. I arrived around 10.30 in a taxi (ordered the cab early just to get there on time and in case there was traffic). You're not allowed past the barrier until you're registered with them, which started at 11am, so take your time and have an extra coffee in the morning! After that, I think they were trying to create an event but everyone just wanted to see their car. To be fair, it all went smoothly. I had 13% battery and 12kms on the clock. There's a roundabout about 200m away from the centre so you'll get to test the new indicators early!! I charged mine at home with a type 1 to type 2 adaptor. it's slow but it works. Really happy with the car...worth waiting for. Enjoy tomorrow lads.
Good to chat to you this morning David and thanks for setting up this thread.
The car is a joy , Happy driving 😊

Reactions: Jimmyj07