Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Irish Delivery and Collection 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my reg just there. Was able to update my insurance online manually as it didn't recognise the reg (123.ie). It didn't cost anything to change over from my old 2007 BMW 630i. About to hop on the train soon from Galway.

Dublin folks, is it easy to get a taxi outside Heuston Station or should I pre-book one? Thanks.

Reactions: Jimmyj07
Finally got my reg just there. Was able to update my insurance online manually as it didn't recognise the reg (123.ie). It didn't cost anything to change over from my old 2007 BMW 630i. About to hop on the train soon from Galway.

Dublin folks, is it easy to get a taxi outside Heuston Station or should I pre-book one? Thanks.
I just hopped in one yesterday outside heuston, he didn't know where KPL Park and ride was and he didn't have sat nav I had to direct him €34. If i was doing it again I'd book one on FreeNow as KPL Park and ride is a destination on it
That said , yesterday was a breeze
Enjoy the day 🚙

Reactions: ColR
Anybody have a massive jump in insurance? I got a jump of nearly 300, I’m assuming it’s mostly the overall value of the car and not because it’s an EV?
Lookup so called "insurance groups" for various cars.

The standard LFP is insurance "group 48", the LR is "group 50". For comparison, BMW i3 and VW id.3 depending on the version is somewhere in 21-29. VW id.7 is 38-40, BYD Seal is also 48-50, but Volvo ex30 is 35-40 range. Dacia Spring is group 16.

Everything under group 20 costs about the same to insure, and then the cost typically stretches 2x-3x as you go up to 50.

Well that was a cracking day. What a car. Even though I borrowed my friends 2022 M3 SR last summer for a weekend to see if I would like it, this has surpassed that. Looks great, very quick and effortless steering. I even had the hang of the indicators within 5 minutes.

No frills collection, and I mean zero frills! I spent about 20 mins walking around the car as I was early, and also checking it inside and out. The only fault I could find (not a fault really) was that my battery charge was only 14%, which instantly went to 13%. So I didn't risk going straight to Enfield Superchargers as judging on what I had read, it was consuming around 12-14% on folks who freshly picked up. Instead I went to Ionity, Kill for a quick "splash and dash", and was glad that I had already downloaded the app and ready to charge.

I also met Paul from Limerick there, who had also just picked up a blue M3 too and he was in the exact same situation, he had 13%. He was having difficulty getting the charging going so I was able to help him out and get sorted. He's on the Facebook page, but not sure if on here?

I'm not long back to Galway having stopped off for food. All in all, a very positive day all round. Thanks to all the folks here as all the posts, messages, ideas and peoples experience have been invaluable : )

1000028196.jpg
1000028197.jpg
swapped out the standard aero covers for these. I like the look and they will show the red caliper covers off nicely once I get those installed. Anyone else planning any mods?