Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Irish Delivery and Collection 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's the case, then it's not possible for those of us collecting Thursday to tax the car prior to pickup, especially when we don't have reg plate yet?
For all who are stressing about Taxing car once you get the reg plates, it takes a day or two before details appear on Motor Tax site. This has NO IMPACT on your delivery experience so try to be patient.

Reactions: Jimmyj07 and ColR
Currently on the phone to Tesla asking about my registration...... Wish me luck.......

EDIT 1: So I got through to Rachel. Told her I don't have reg plate yet and I need to transfer over insurance soon. She checked my account and said that I have: "registration authorisation, but not sure why I didn't have it yet". So she put me on hold only for a couple of minutes to talk to someone and came back saying there have been issues in the background, but it's in the process of being sorted and I'll have my registration sent to me this afternoon by text.

Hopefully that's the case. I'll keep ye in the loop.

EDIT 2: Well I just got a text, but a generic one telling me to download the app and confirming my collection date. No reg plate in it though.

Last edited:
Picking up at 1pm tomorrow as well and no registration yet so fingers crossed they will come through today.
Travelling up from Sligo today and staying the night so should be there in good time tomorrow.
Best wishes to all on an issue free day.

Reactions: ColR
Collected, white M3H LR. Had 13%/14% battery and 11km on odometer.

Lady in the tent was mentioning something something tote bag passenger seat, but I completely forgot about it and don't remember any tote bags. Maybe I misheard.

The 30 minutes you're given to "check everything" completely scrambled my brain.

You've 3 days or 100km to report anything you notice and can bring it back to be fixed.

Reactions: Brian O and ColR

Lady in the tent was mentioning something something tote bag passenger seat, but I completely forgot about it and don't remember any tote bags. Maybe I misheard.

The 30 minutes you're given to "check everything" completely scrambled my brain.

You've 3 days or 100km to report anything you notice and can bring it back to be fixed.
Wow, congrats! Was the collection in Cork on Dublin. 13% charge feels quite less. Hope you had no trouble finding a charger nearby?

Wow that's really not much at all is it.

In anticipation of collecting tomorrow with and travelling west, where's the nearest chargers?

(The plan was to make it to Enfield but that could be a push if battery charge is similar).

No mention of free supercharger miles or anything? Not great considering the hold up to hand the car over with so little power.

Currently plugged in for my very first super charger experience. 174kw.

1000028079.jpg
1000028085.jpg

Plenty to go round for those picking up later or tomorrow

Reactions: tomysth and ColR
No mention of free supercharger miles or anything? Not great considering the hold up to hand the car over with so little power.
There's 150 supercharger km included.

The nearest supercharger is near Dublin Tesla / 92 Bracken Road / 20km away from NVD. It's easy to get to southbound on m50. It's got 4 stalls. It's currently showing 10min wait times (despite a bunch of people getting Teslas today).

Anyone, Pls post the location here..
You'll get an eircode D24 KH76 which is close enough.

I went to the place indicated by eir code, but turns out it was 50m away across the street at a different parking lot.

My geotag from photos says:
53.295683,-6.439539

But now that I'm looking at it on street view, it must have changed since street view.

Anyway, if you end up at that eir code place, you can ask the security guards, and you might also see a bunch of Teslas through the fencing - that should be a big clue.

Reactions: compufix