Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Irregular tire wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is possible. Usually that'll show up on both sides to some extent, barring them being a NACAR driver or on a planned delivery route that avoids left hand turns. :p

AJAgarwal , is this just one wheel or is it happening similar on both sides? If it is both sides it might be driving style. I suppose it still could be alignment if the alignment is borked in the same way on both sides, but that's not overly likely.

Both. One looks a bit more than the other...
Pretty sure haven’t been driving with kind of style that can screw up alignment, going on 15 years... LOL

Typical daily drive:
- 40 miles
- occasionally semi-floor it - always in a straight line, to remind me why this is the most enjoyable car on earth right now.. and others around me on what they’re missing out on
- road surface - 95% good to great
- of course the best weather always (FL)

anyone have an idea what is considered out of alignment? My inner wheel tread groove measures 1/32 lower than the other grooves on both fronts. I have a LR RWD. Rear left is 5/32 with inner at 6/32 and rear right is 6/32 all across.

anyone have an idea what is considered out of alignment? My inner wheel tread groove measures 1/32 lower than the other grooves on both fronts. I have a LR RWD. Rear left is 5/32 with inner at 6/32 and rear right is 6/32 all across.

1/32nd - 2/32nds between tires or between inner and outer tread is fairly normal. By itself, that doesn't point to an alignment problem.

Alignment problems will show up as abnormal wear patterns (feathering, cupping, unbalanced wear between center and edges, unbalanced wear between inner and outer edges) in addition to differences in tread depth.