Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRS now using EPA definition of SUV [02.03.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
get ready for price hikes! consider LOCKING in your order TODAY!!!

And prices did go up!

Tesla Model Y Base Price History (5).png

Anyone successful in switching your existing order from a LR to a P? If so, did your go through your SA or call the main line?
I ordered a MYP separately from existing inventory since they were going fast. By the time my SA responded all of them were already gone. But at this point you can definitely have them upgrade your order since there’s not as much of a rush, just text your SA.

Not surprised to see prices back up. Am surprised to see the price increase was rather small. I don't think a $1,000 or so in either direction will change most people's minds. And what this really is about is that you can order the MYLR with any option you want.. or the MYP with most options.. and still have it qualify for the $7,500 credit. Somebody pointed out that the prices probably wont go up much more.. simply because some states have now capped their rebates at $55K. So $55K is still the magically capped price point for largest audience in the U.S. Also taking delivery before the end of March and battery construction remains a question.

As much as I wanted to order a new MYP and take advantage of the lower prices yesterday. I couldn't pull the trigger last night before the expected price change. Still the same 5 paint choices. Still has the exact same wheel assortment. Still lacking USS. Still no HW4. Still cant tell the difference from a 2020 and 2023 Model Y. Looks like I'm holding onto my '21 MYSR for quite a bit longer.

Not surprised to see prices back up. Am surprised to see the price increase was rather small. I don't think a $1,000 or so in either direction will change most people's minds. And what this really is about is that you can order the MYLR with any option you want.. or the MYP with most options.. and still have it qualify for the $7,500 credit. Somebody pointed out that the prices probably wont go up much more.. simply because some states have now capped their rebates at $55K. So $55K is still the magically capped price point for largest audience in the U.S. Also taking delivery before the end of March and battery construction remains a question.

As much as I wanted to order a new MYP and take advantage of the lower prices yesterday. I couldn't pull the trigger last night before the expected price change. Still the same 5 paint choices. Still has the exact same wheel assortment. Still lacking USS. Still no HW4. Still cant tell the difference from a 2020 and 2023 Model Y. Looks like I'm holding onto my '21 MYSR for quite a bit longer.
IMO MYP only seems worth it if you take it to the track which very few do

I ordered a MYP separately from existing inventory since they were going fast. By the time my SA responded all of them were already gone. But at this point you can definitely have them upgrade your order since there’s not as much of a rush, just text your SA.
I was able to change my order which had an expected delivery of 2/11-3/11 from LR to P for an additional $4,000 (no price increase). I updated through the site and received confirmation of new order with same expected delivery date.