Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 8-12 Week Delivery Estimate accurate these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered my Long range AWD on 6/26 when at the time said 8-12 weeks. But when I look at the custom order for model 3s on the Tesla website, it now says 4-8 weeks but on my account it still says 8-12 weeks. Should my account update to the new time frame?

So I ordered my Long range AWD on 6/26 when at the time said 8-12 weeks. But when I look at the custom order for model 3s on the Tesla website, it now says 4-8 weeks but on my account it still says 8-12 weeks. Should my account update to the new time frame?

My account still said 8-12 weeks, even after a car was matched. Just make you have completed all the initial setup i.e. Mode of Payment - Cash/Loan/Lease, Delivery Location and registration information.

Sometimes you get auto matched and sometimes you don't. Follow up with your Sales Advisor for a car match. Good luck !!!

My account still said 8-12 weeks, even after a car was matched. Just make you have completed all the initial setup i.e. Mode of Payment - Cash/Loan/Lease, Delivery Location and registration information.

Sometimes you get auto matched and sometimes you don't. Follow up with your Sales Advisor for a car match. Good luck !!!
My page just shows a spot to upload proof of insurance but I can’t do that without a vin, right? Last I heard from my SA they were going on a two week vacation, so I think I’m just playing the waiting game now...

I had the same question. I don't have an answer just an indication that I have the exact same experience. Mine still says 8-12 weeks despite configurator being 4-8 weeks. (ordered July 4th no car yet)

Awesome, congrats. Was it showing in the source code, or did it appear on your order page?
Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 1.26.21 PM.png

I need to know if this car has A USB-C and Wireless phone charger or not. Is there any way to know?

I ordered a SR+ without any options last wednesday in Quebec City and took delivery under 48 hours! I did not order from inventory. They happened to receive some and there was a match. Manufacturing date is June 2020. The car came with a dual wireless Qi fast charger and usb-c ports instead of USB-A. No panel gap issues. The only defects are a single black dot on a panel under the clear coat and a fogged tail light. They will come here to replace the tail light tomorrow. I'm not sure I'll get the black dot fixed. I love the car!

I ordered my LR AWD white/white 19” wheels on May 11th and asked to take delivery in July. My order page said 5-7 weeks and hasn’t changed so I don’t think they update it. There’s not a whole lot of rhyme or reason on these dates. I think that they send them out in batches and if you happen to get lucky, they’ll have a car with your specs and match you up. The waiting game seems a little absurd. Just give me a date to expect the car and I won’t stress about when it will arrive!!
Needless to say I don’t have a Vin# yet either

I ordered my LR AWD white/white 19” wheels on May 11th and asked to take delivery in July. My order page said 5-7 weeks and hasn’t changed so I don’t think they update it. There’s not a whole lot of rhyme or reason on these dates. I think that they send them out in batches and if you happen to get lucky, they’ll have a car with your specs and match you up. The waiting game seems a little absurd. Just give me a date to expect the car and I won’t stress about when it will arrive!!
Needless to say I don’t have a Vin# yet either

I ordered that exact config yesterday, coming to NY. It says 4-8 weeks on my order page but based upon your May 11th date it looks like I may be waiting longer.