Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is anyone taking a delivery in south florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get your invitation today? I'm in south Florida, stood in line 03/31/16, Model S owner.
Your%20Model%203%20is%20Ready%20to%20Order.jpg

Now, I just need to decide whether or not to configure. I want LR, but I wasn't really planning on PUP, as I don't want the glass roof in south Florida. But, I have no idea exactly what the base console looks like, seat adjustments, heated seats, etc. I'm thinking I should sit on it a while, at least until I know more about the base features (without PUP).

• Love
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Did you get your invitation today? I'm in south Florida, stood in line 03/31/16, Model S owner.

Now, I just need to decide whether or not to configure. I want LR, but I wasn't really planning on PUP, as I don't want the glass roof in south Florida. But, I have no idea exactly what the base console looks like, seat adjustments, heated seats, etc. I'm thinking I should sit on it a while, at least until I know more about the base features (without PUP).
Don't rush. Get what you really want, done you're likely going to be using it a while. I know I am.

Going to wait for alternative interiors...dark grey/black is not a good fit for SW Fl/NC beach summers.

I wonder if they'll open up full access to FL later due to Floridian need/color preference?
Got my configurator, called Palo Alto to find out more about interior options. Their reply was that white will be available eventually, no word at all about a cream/beige option.

We ordered our first 3 reservation about a week ago. I wouldn’t buy one without the glass roof. We drove the 3 that came through Florida a couple weeks ago and there is virtually zero heat from the glass. We have an X also and that car is not hot with the huge windshield as the UV reflective coating is so effective and I’m sure the 3 roof is similarly effective. Tesla gives a removable sunshade for the X upper windshields but it is more for a psychological effect for paranoid customers. I still use it;)

We ordered our first 3 reservation about a week ago. I wouldn’t buy one without the glass roof. We drove the 3 that came through Florida a couple weeks ago and there is virtually zero heat from the glass. We have an X also and that car is not hot with the huge windshield as the UV reflective coating is so effective and I’m sure the 3 roof is similarly effective. Tesla gives a removable sunshade for the X upper windshields but it is more for a psychological effect for paranoid customers. I still use it;)

As I'm sure you know, evaluating roof/sun intensity in mid December is quite different than doing it in mid-August.....

As I'm sure you know, evaluating roof/sun intensity in mid December is quite different than doing it in mid-August.....
I understand it’s not as hot now but comparing apples to apples, we drove our X to the site where we drove the model 3. We have had our X since last February here in South Florida and I am judging the effectiveness of the Tesla UV blocking by the X this past summer. Our S is a glass roof too and no problems this summer in that either. On the other hand I would never drive our Mercedes SL550 with the top down in the summer during the day. Tesla does an excellent job with the UV coating and I wouldn’t want to get one without a glass roof. The roof in the 3 is even more tinted than the S or X.

• Informative
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Took delivery of our Model 3 yesterday at Dania. One of the first non-employee batches to reach down here with 4 other cars waiting to get delivered. The word was that there is more trucks coming from the northern part of the state but they got delayed due to the icy roads.

The car is everything I thought it would be and more. Let me know if anyone would like to see it as I'm in Coconut Creek.

IMG_20180119_162055.jpg
IMG_20180119_162124.jpg

Took delivery of our Model 3 yesterday at Dania. One of the first non-employee batches to reach down here with 4 other cars waiting to get delivered. The word was that there is more trucks coming from the northern part of the state but they got delayed due to the icy roads.

The car is everything I thought it would be and more. Let me know if anyone would like to see it as I'm in Coconut Creek.

View attachment 274548 View attachment 274549
Good morning!

I am a current owner of an S85 and I would love to see your car . I am in Parkland . Please call me at 954_6656566 if you have time .

Thank you

Bobby