Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Elon mad at me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery date for a silver P- was Aug. 21. We were notified the car was damaged in transit and we'd have to wait for a new one. Shortly after the VIN disappeared on the order page, "Estimated Delivery by Late September" showed up. Since the Tesla site crashed and came back up, it now says "Est. Delivery by Oct.'18".

Yes, he is mad at you.

JK. I have no idea what might have slowed or sped deliveries or production, except I know I was pushed up to the top of the pile when I ordered, and got my 3 quickly, mostly because I have owned Teslas for 6 years. They also know (at least Martin Eberhard knows) that I give ride and drives to everyone, anyone at the drop of a hat or a hint, and love showing it off inside and out even when it's charging and can't be moved. I hope you get your car soon, and I know Tesla is doing all they can to make sure you do, but everything takes time, and there always seem to be glitches.

Don't trust anything EVEN if you have a VIN, Delivery Date AND signed MVPA/contract from both the sales manager and yourself.
*looks up from sending off $60,000+ to Tesla for a car I've never seen, on a variant I've never sat in, in a paint colour I've not seen in person on a Model 3 body, on a verbal assurance that "then I'll try schedule your delivery for mid or late September"*

Huh, what'd you say?

Yeah, as much trust as is involved in this whole situation it's pretty easy to get burned if you're selling cars, turning in leases, etc. depending on a hard date for a [successful] delivery. :(

Last edited: