Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is hope in sight for our USS-less cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did all the reboots, cleaning lens, put the car to sleeps for hours, etc… and then waited three days and then I opened a ticket with Tesla for park not available. Tesla at first setup a mobile appointment and then changed it to a regular appointment. I suspect it maybe be a wiring harness problem because my model Y is a Nov 2023 model with no radar so the wiring charge. Also after reading about the 2022 model the wiring harness seem to be an issue. I have purchased a lot of new cars before and wow, the Tesla 3 months old since pickup and already been to the shop twice. The first time was to replace the left MCU (car computer).

Last edited:
Reactions: glovelace
There is one way of looking at this that is quite positive. Tesla have promised USS replacement functions to all customers with USS-less cars, and (obviously quality is yet to be seen) this update proves that the system is built and in a state that they’re prepared to deploy it.

Serious question: where / when was that promise made?

I was prepared for the cutting edge beta quirkiness of Tesla’s - but I wasn’t prepared for the lack of transparency and information (thank you to everyone in this forum for filling in the gaps!!)

Definitely encouraged by park assist - seems to work well and better than USS in some ways (eg side distances). But what about smart summon / auto park / FSD beta, etc.. I’d feel better if I could see something official from Tesla that these are for sure coming at some point.

Next up are the HD cameras.... then they'll say the current cameras are crap. Then what is my brand new Y left with? :mad:
Its frustrating to say the list but part of me has to take a step back and say….If you bought recently and saved 20,000 on the car, perhaps those HD cameras we can live without, when they come!? Also what car company lets you update and upgrade after final sale. My old Jeep was buy as it is. Any changes only apply to new models.

To me tesla is like an IPhone on wheels. Its always gonna have new and better features. Those of us with cash can get a new one every few years if new is impt. And the rest of us can buy used and benefit from constant upgrades.

Yep, it found an update when mom was in Santa Cruz. We decided to wait until she got back here to actually download it though. Now we're on version 2023.6.11

Congrats! Meanwhile, I'm still suffering on a software build that doesn't have USS "like" functionality even though I've read people are having mixed results. However, I'd rather have something instead of nothing. 🙄

Using an M3 loaned by Tesla while the wing is resprayed (damage caused during a Tesla mobile service - they used a metal screwdriver to remove a side camera :eek:) and it has USS plus what I assume is camera-based Park Assist as it gives distances to objects. Interesting comparisons with my MY with cameras-only PA.