Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me or is TACC a little smoother/trustworthy in .188?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got upgraded from .153 to .188 yesterday and noticed that TACC seems a bit more well behaved in heavy traffic now. I haven't noticed whether it pays any attention to cars encroaching into my lane yet, but generally speaking it seems to be doing fewer questionable things now (like accelerating heavily into a car that's stopped a hundred feet down the road just to slam on the brakes at the last second.)

Anyone else notice it to be a little less white knuckle inducing under .188?

Got upgraded from .153 to .188 yesterday and noticed that TACC seems a bit more well behaved in heavy traffic now. I haven't noticed whether it pays any attention to cars encroaching into my lane yet, but generally speaking it seems to be doing fewer questionable things now (like accelerating heavily into a car that's stopped a hundred feet down the road just to slam on the brakes at the last second.)

Anyone else notice it to be a little less white knuckle inducing under .188?

still waiting anxiously for my .188 update. What you say is very encouraging and I'm looking forward to trying

I have .188 since this morning and have not noticed any difference in TACC performance. I agree that the hard stops and unnecessary breaking when the car in front of you moves out of your lane can become annoying. I keep mine sent at 4 lengths for tracking.