Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is it normal to take 10mins for car to initialise from start !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
last 2 evenings have gotten in car and noticed first the auto dim screen didn't work, unable to use voice controls and volume control didn't work. both times it the car around 10 mins ti initialise before it was fully operational - anyone else noticed this or have found a solution ?

Have you tried getting out and back in again?

last 2 evenings have gotten in car and noticed first the auto dim screen didn't work, unable to use voice controls and volume control didn't work. both times it the car around 10 mins ti initialise before it was fully operational - anyone else noticed this or have found a solution ?
If you got an esos error then it’s standard a problem for Teslas in my experience, not that it should happen

Have you tried getting out and back in again?

He wrote "thanks, i've tried the reboot but next day same issue !" That means he got out and back in again :)

Did you tried to call the Scarecrow (Tesla service )

Thanks all, too be clear I get in car, foot on brake, into drive and set of driving then 10mins before car systems initialise !

Have raised a service request but they are not helping, first saying it’s normal and have delayed appointment whilst further remote diagnostics carried

Car on latest software

Somewhere in the menus is a power off reset option which is deeper that the 2 button job.
What aspect of initialise are you referring to...just the whole screen or some attributes on the screen ..tyre pressure doesn't show for a while.
You say you get to drive it before this initialisation..try putting into reverse first to see if cameras come up.

I also get this but only for about 30 seconds after driving off. I find it odd that there are no indicator sounds. I also get the eSOS warning periodically and that is more annoying as it doesn’t seem to clear during the drive. I’m on 24.6.5, which is not the latest, but haven’t been offered anything newer. I wondered if it was due to the home wifi dropping and then a delay in making an LTE network connection, is the network signal strong where you are?

Somewhere in the menus is a power off reset option which is deeper that the 2 button job.
What aspect of initialise are you referring to...just the whole screen or some attributes on the screen ..tyre pressure doesn't show for a while.
You say you get to drive it before this initialisation..try putting into reverse first to see if cameras come up.
There’s also the “change language” or “change wheel design” options which fixes configuration type issues