Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to ask a service center to downgrade version 9 to version 8?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my 2017 second hand only 3 or so months ago so I never got used to the UI of V8 as the car went to V9 not long after I purchased it. There is definitely room for improvement with where things are positioned on the screen and how deep into menus you need to go to access certain functions. But at this stage my gripe is that every V9 update is just a buggy mess, not having buttons and functions in the same position (V8 > V9) I can understand would be really annoying for long term owners, but for me not having things work all the time (or at all) is even more annoying. But now I am caught, do I keep updating to hopefully fix what they break with each update or do I risk even more bugs getting introduced? Read the release notes some might say, yeah well that was blank on 2018.48.12.1 d6999f5.

Silicon Valley Bro's are going to keep coming back, regardless of whether they understand V8 vs. V9. They will keep suggesting owners "resist change", even when confronted by its fails.
Remember the infamous Apple line "You're holding it wrong" when the iPhone 4 had connectivity issues? Unfortunately that culture seems embedded in at Tesla as well, it's not us it's the end user that is the problem.

Reactions: Barry and am_dmd