Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to calibrate the TPMS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BrettS

Mar 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
I got my new (to me) 2015 model S a few months ago. Recently I noticed that one of the tires was a little low according to the pressure readings on the screen. Today I went to fill the tire and discovered that the tire was actually very low and, in fact, the other three tires were all a bit low. It seems that the sensors are reading about 10PSI too high on all four tires.

Is it possible for me or the SC to calibrate these?

AFAIK, you need to fill all 4 tires to the proper pressure, then use the TPMS Reset in your MCU/touchscreeen to reset them to your desired level. As far as the threshold that they trigger at, this is not user configurable.

FWIW, if you need more granular information & control, and user configurable high and low pressure levels plus smartphone app support, look at FOBOPlus:

FOBO Tire Plus - FOBO

I have them on both my 2013 S85 (old factory TPMS and no display on instrument panel) and my wife's 2015 S70D (next gen system that does display pressures on the instrument display). On more than one occasion the FOBOPlus system has indicated to me a slow leak in plenty of time to evaluate and correct.