Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to use the calendar to pre-condition the battery for departure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like an easy solution for irregular schedules too, but I'm not aware of one.

For me a "precondition the battery now" button in the app+car would be perfect, available only when the car is plugged in of course.

If it was based on the calendar, that would be ideal. I think Tesla should have an API for us to talk to the car. Then we could control such things. Plus why not allow *us* to control the layout of the screen. They just rearranged everything with this latest layout, so now I have to learn where everything is again. The original layout wasn't ideal, buy at least I knew where everything was. I should be able to control the layout. That would not affect the safe operation of the car, so why not.

I have created an iOS shortcut that connects to the cars API, I can do things like open trunk etc.
I’ve also got a shortcut that takes my next calendar appointment works out the start time and travelling time then works out the number of minutes after midnight, which is the expected input for the scheduled charging API.
That’s as far as I’ve got as the set schedule is not quite working yet.

I'd like an easy solution for irregular schedules too, but I'm not aware of one.
Not exactly from calendar, but Tesla App | Stats for Tesla allows you to set up numerous, irregular schedules. For example - Monday and Thursday at 8 am, Saturday at 7 am.
You can also toggle them on and off, so if you only need the Saturday event periodically, toggle it on any time during the week before you think you’ll need it.
Highly recommended app with excellent support, well worth the cost

76621C25-0374-43AB-AD8E-E48129C8508D.jpeg

488AA41E-7869-4640-AA69-0646ADC543AB.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RomanJackson
Teslafi allows you to turn on the climate control, but it does not allow you to turn on the seat heater (unless you use the API) and does not allow you to pre-condition the battery. (unless that happens when you turn on the climate control) It seems like a useful website though.