Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it ugly? (Poll)

Rate the Model 3's look

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A very nice looking car with a lot of classic Tesla design elements! As for those complaining about the nose:
Get used to it! future electric cars won't need a grill, and if you really really want a grill, here is a tip for you:
start your own Tesla Model 3 front grill 3d stickers business! (© & ™ TMS) :)

• Funny
Reactions: Sudre and SageBrush
I can't figure out if this car is ugly or not. Some photos make it look great. Some make it look like a station wagon with a weird front end. Your thoughts?

I love the interior and top, really like the sides, and like the rear. I timed how long it took for me to get used to the front: 15 minutes. Suddenly, not only was I used to it, but went right to liking it! It's amazing how ingrained the explosion grill is in our brains. It takes some time to get used to it not being there.

I'm actually not finalizing any purchasing decisions on this reveal because a lot of Model X reservationists had issues with items that changed from reveal to launch. I'm using this reveal as a guide to what it will be kinda close to. But, according to the videos, they are saying this is relatively close to target, and I get the impression it is closer than the original X reveal was to that product.

Last edited:
I'm going with amazing, because it is amazing.

That said, the nose is better than the S & X, but still not quite right. Easily fixable though. IF they lower the pug a bit, and have the upper snout line match the side lines.

I'm speculating here, but I'm assuming they didn't do this due to drag reasons.

Everything else works for me.
Gotta love that matt silver. Reminds me of that car from that time travel movie.

That was actually my first response as well, but I deleted my posts about that, since (a) I didn't want to dampen it, and (b) after 15 minutes, my brain had re-acclimated to it. But two inches lower was my thought.

A very nice looking car with a lot of classic Tesla design elements! As for those complaining about the nose:
Get used to it! future electric cars won't need a grill, and if you really really want a grill, here is a tip for you:
start your own Tesla Model 3 front grill 3d stickers business! (© & ™ TMS) :)
It's not the lack of a grill - it's that the nose looks unfinished, like that car ran into a wall and crushed the first 6 inches.

LOL at the Bolt, i3, or Leaf... They need to step up their game big time to be even remotely competitive with Tesla in terms of looks, range, technology, safety, supercharger infrastructure, Autopilot, and other features.

So true, I have a Prius and Leaf down in my garage but I'd drive the Model 3 as it looked externally with any of the 3 wheel types shown on stage (I like the full aero wheels from the dark gray car best but then I like aero wheels).

I'd rate beauty wise the S, X and 3 as a mixed bag. I like the nose of the X better than the S or the 3 as we saw it. I like the majority of the S look better than the X or 3. I love that they'll likely offer better aero wheels on the 3 and the base wheels on the S are no longer straight spokes (very open, non aero).

I'd take any Tesla look over any Toyota or Nissan look any day.

I'm on the firm side of 9. I love the front end on the 3. The back is a little to SUV-ish but that's the only fault I can really see. I think the Model 3 is the blending of the roadster, S, and X.
I never really liked the Model S nose cone. The plastic looks so cheap and out of place for a 70k+ car. I never thought the S is ugly,I would just live with nose cone.

I voted 8 it is amazing couldn't have asked for more, and I think it will only get better from now as Tesla has done with S and X. I was bit surprised but in a very glad way that is Elon focused what you get which is really amazing if you add up all those things (215miles, supercharger, autopilot hardware, lexury interior & exterior and more) for 35k.

Concerns from folks about the bandage front end, I believe with the license plate mounted there it will fill the void and I wouldn't have to worry about how I will front plate the car. I also think this may change a bit as well as I feel like it lacks just a little bit of the tesla style ie the T that is between frunk door and nosecone/bumper instead of 'Tesla' right on top of the frunk.

I would hope there would be a secondary display for just the driver like in the s and x but it would be cool if it is a really nice high visual quality hud, it will be annoying to look at the center while driving in freeway.

Bolt
mm_gal_item_c2.img_resize.img_stage._3.jpg

i3
BMW_i3_01.jpg

Leaf
Nissan_Leaf.jpg

Volt
2016-Chevrolet-Volt-010.jpg

M3
2018-Tesla-Model-3-102-876x535.jpg

2018-Tesla-Model-3-104-876x535.jpg

header-press.jpg

screenshot-69.png

screenshot-64.png

silver3.jpg

How can anonyone not give this car a 10+ ?
You should compare it to the Leaf,Bolt,I3 and you will give it a 11+
For an 35k $ Electric car , it looks too good !
Stop comparing it to 100k$+ cars and you will see the point of this

Last edited:
Reactions: voltage
I'm going with amazing, because it is amazing.

That said, the nose is better than the S & X, but still not quite right. Easily fixable though. IF they lower the pug a bit, and have the upper snout line match the side lines.

I'm speculating here, but I'm assuming they didn't do this due to drag reasons.

Everything else works for me.
Gotta love that matt silver. Reminds me of that car from that time travel movie.

Have to agree with you, you said it best..The black cap infront of the 'S' is not the greatest.

The front of the 3 reminded me of a hammer head shark.