Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it worth buying Standard Range (Non-Plus) ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Trying to replace my wife's Nissan Rogue Sport with Model 3, she doesn't drive much, we got about 12k miles on her Nissan since 2016... so range isn't going to be a huge problem. We also have plenty of superchargers around us (we live in apartment complex though without home charging) we also have Model S for family needs, so it won't be primary vehicle

So, is it worth getting Standard Range (Non-Plus) Model 3 or better save up for Plus version? Ideally we want the cheapest one but brand new.
Another question, does non plus version come with memory electric seats, steering wheel?

Reactions: SmartElectric
Can you even get a standard nowadays? They were available for a very short period of time. Or are you looking at used?

They've never stopped being available since introduction- you just can't order them online- have to call or visit a Tesla location.

To the OP- Best I can recall Interior is exactly the same as the Performance model top of the line except:

Stereo is missing an amp, a sub, and several speakers (either missing entirely or not wired to anything)

Rear seat heaters are off by default (paid option to turn back on)

No fog lamps or ambient lighting (though I think I heard the ambient is gone on premium new models too?)

I think you might also not get floormats- not sure on that one

Reactions: SmartElectric
thanks guys, before difference between non plus and plus was just about $2000, so no brainer to buy plus version, but today the difference is $5000.... so kinda makes me think if I want all those features (stereo etc) if we don't really going to drive that much and it won't be our main vehicle... 220 miles seem to be just enough for our needs, I own S85 RWD and we drive 600-1000 miles for our road trips without a single issue.

thanks guys, before difference between non plus and plus was just about $2000, so no brainer to buy plus version, but today the difference is $5000.... so kinda makes me think if I want all those features (stereo etc) if we don't really going to drive that much and it won't be our main vehicle... 220 miles seem to be just enough for our needs, I own S85 RWD and we drive 600-1000 miles for our road trips without a single issue.

If you ever change your mind, I think you can upgrade to the SR+ for just a fee... SR and SR+ are basically the same car, if I am not wrong. Just software lock for features.

I have an SR and I had an SR+, but I asked for the downgrade. So the car is exactly the same, what you don’t get is basically more range and AP (which you can buy for 3K but I’m one of many that hopes for a “discount” in the future)
Fog lights are not included in both now,rear heated seats are not included in both, stereo is basically the same (please note I’m not an audiophile), satellite view is not included with both, traffic is not shown in both, floor mat are not included in both.
It has electric adjustable seats, steering wheel and mirrors and yes it remembers the settings for multiple persons. It all depends by the color you want.
SR black (with black interior) is included in the price
SR+ White (with black interior) is included in the price.
So if you want white I would go with the SR+ that includes AP, if you want black go with the SR.

if you need more info just ask

Reactions: Loco_Nomad
Todays SR+ gives you 250 mile range which is good to have just Incase you take a long time somewhere. But it seems that the SR will fit you well, you might want to look for a used 2019 SR+ as you might get it for what a SR cost today or lower.

Fred

Reactions: Loco_Nomad