Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my car FSD or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a model X recently for which I got the FSD upgrade for free. This is because I ordered enhanced autopilot but tesla removed that option before my car is delivered. Currently all the enhanced autopilot features are enabled on my car. But I am curious whether the FSD is enabled or not. Is there a way to check this in the car settings?

If you see a block similar to this under your car details in your Tesla account, then you don't have FSD.

Capture.PNG

I bought a model X recently for which I got the FSD upgrade for free. This is because I ordered enhanced autopilot but tesla removed that option before my car is delivered. Currently all the enhanced autopilot features are enabled on my car. But I am curious whether the FSD is enabled or not. Is there a way to check this in the car settings?
Depends on what you mean. FSD is a set of software features plus the newly available FSD computer (frequently known as HW3). The description of what those features are has changed over the last couple of years. Currently it includes things like detecting and responding to stop lights and stop signs, driving appropriately on local roads (i.e., not limited access highways), etc. There is no setting on your car to enable that (yet), because those features are not released to the public yet. It's also clear that they will be released and improved over time, so don't expect everything all at once. There is an announcement/demo of FSD stuff on Monday, so you may want to tune in to that (Tesla web site should have it).

If you are asking whether your car has HW3 (the FSD computer hardware upgrade), it might. Some recently bought Model Xs seem to have it. Some do not. There is a video from Daerik out there where he opens the dashboard behind the glove box and seems to find the HW3. If that is not your cup of tea, you can check with the API as was mentioned above. There is also a way to check the HTML on your car's page under Tesla account on their website (look for HW4). Sorry, don't have all the details, but someone will chime in.

If you just to confirm that Tesla knows you paid for FSD, then look at your vehicle details page (go to Tesla SSO – Login > Manage > Vehicle Details), and it should say "Full Self-Driving Capability" under options.