Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my car performance ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 5yjygdef5lf000651

Can anyone help please. Someone told me that this is stealth performance. Because 8th digit in VIN and because motor is 980 ( epc says)
You either bought a MYP or you didn’t. There is no “stealth” performance.

Even if you have the same motor as the MYP, it isn’t outputting the same power as it would in an actual MYP. It’s software “locked” into the same as any other motor on an MYLR.

You either bought a MYP or you didn’t. There is no “stealth” performance.

Even if you have the same motor as the MYP, it isn’t outputting the same power as it would in an actual MYP. It’s software “locked” into the same as any other motor on an MYLR.
There was for some of the very very early 2020 Model Y. The “Performance Upgrade Package” (suspension, brakes, wheels, spoiler) was optional like the Model 3 at the time.

Later 2020 they made the PUP standard with all Performance so no more “stealth” Performance.

The only surefire way to tell is to look in the software screen of the car and see if it has the red underline under Dual Motor.

There was for some of the very very early 2020 Model Y. The “Performance Upgrade Package” (suspension, brakes, wheels, spoiler) was optional like the Model 3 at the time.

Later 2020 they made the PUP standard with all Performance so no more “stealth” Performance.

The only surefire way to tell is to look in the software screen of the car and see if it has the red underline under Dual Motor.
From what I understood, even then, there was a specific performance trim, even if the PUP was optional. So the buyer still had to know if it was a performance or not.

From what I understood, even then, there was a specific performance trim, even if the PUP was optional. So the buyer still had to know if it was a performance or not.
I mean it would say on the original order paperwork sure, but if buying used it might have been mislabeled as a Long Range since they are nearly indistinguishable other than the red underline. And exterior badging is easily removed or replaced so you can’t even always go by that.

Reactions: gsmith123
is this an actual question? seriously?
It happens... MY has mass market appeal, there really isn't a major visual diffrentiation between STD, LR, and P aside from minor aesthetics. Typical performance trims have MAJOR differentiation from their base models. Wider fenders, larger calipers (Red calipers is not it 🤣), etc.

There are bound to be folks who genuinly don't know. Most don't know anything about cars to begin with. there's that.

1. Increased top speed from 135mph to 155mph
  2. 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  3. Performance Brakes
  4. Lowered suspension
  5. Aluminum alloy pedals
  6. Carbon fiber spoiler
Since it's mostly cosmetic look at your pedals, your tires, your hatch, and whether your brake calipers are red. If they are get a helmet, a T-shirt with "Juan Fangio" emblazoned front and back and congratulate yourself for spending $3500. to boost your self esteem.

Hmm, was Juan Fangio too long ago? Anyway I hope your car is red.