Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is P3D delivery really within 2 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Location factors in quite a bit, but I think most people are more disappointed because they got "teased" with an early delivery date then got rescheduled. It isn't as much that Tesla isn't meeting their estimates, it's more that people got an early delivery date, thought they could get the car ahead of estimates, then they got rescheduled...sometimes more than once.

But still for the most part Tesla is meeting their delivery estimates. If it shows 2 months for P3D, then you should get it it around 2 months. Some places are a logistics nightmare such as Texas just because some States are not Tesla-friendly.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Location factors in quite a bit, but I think most people are more disappointed because they got "teased" with an early delivery date then got rescheduled. It isn't as much that Tesla isn't meeting their estimates, it's more that people got an early delivery date, thought they could get the car ahead of estimates, then they got rescheduled...sometimes more than once.

But still for the most part Tesla is meeting their delivery estimates. If it shows 2 months for P3D, then you should get it it around 2 months. Some places are a logistics nightmare such as Texas just because some States are not Tesla-friendly.
Well my delivery date still says end of September :p

• Informative
Yes. Been bumped once and with my second VIN the car is still in CA. There is another thread where people have been bumped multiple times. Not cool with what Tesla is doing.
Tesla bumped me once, I'm on the east coast in Western Pennsylvania, they took my money and now won't tell me anything after multiple phone calls and emails. Terrible company to work with, in fact the worst I've ever dealt with.

They only bumped people last week of September for Q3 delivery push, Elon even apologized. Not sure if they are still bumping people now since there are plenty of cars in transit and 3 months of Q4 to work with. It's mostly logistics nightmare at the moment, hopefully they work through it and get it resolved.

Ordered 9/7, built 9/18, delivered to NC on 9/30.

Miracles happen. Feel bad for Sg911, that White interior (which I almost ordered) got you.
Haha , Well I today saw a Blue P3D , no Performance Upgrade poo poo and white seats ,which was my original order at Charlotte SC ...that I may switch to if my black with pup doesn’t arrive timely or other issues hahum, and it’s still available ! At this drama rate, I might just get a preowned X for similar price .

Day 1 reservation, ordered in April and changed to p3d in June.....still nothing. Unfortunately from my experience your best bet is to prepare yourself by lowering your standards and not believe any dates communicated to you from Tesla will be met.

Agree, you can’t trust anything Tesla tells you about delivery of a Model 3. Elon’s apologies not withstanding (they’re pretty worthless), Tesla continues to make a mess of delivery and delivery communications. When that’s fixed maybe they can regain my trust, but not until then. And I was a big Tesla fan. No longer.

Last edited:
  • Love
Tesla bumped me once, I'm on the east coast in Western Pennsylvania, they took my money and now won't tell me anything after multiple phone calls and emails. Terrible company to work with, in fact the worst I've ever dealt with.
If possible, talk to the service center in Devon, who are decent people. Also try the "delivery hotline" number.

The main Tesla number is *completely* useless, and is staffed by incompetents.

If necessary, point out that your money was taken under false pretenses. Tesla has given people loaners and rentals when Tesla has cancelled their delivery dates on them and they relied on the dates. Demand it.

This does go to show *never pay before seeing the car*, which I've said many times.

Tesla has a record of paying for one-way trips to the delivery center to pick up the car. Don't believe that the car exists until the *local delivery center* says it does.

On the Tesla site it says "Delivery within 2 months" but as I check the spreadsheet found here: Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker #1

On many from "Configuration to Delivery" is above 60 days (2 months), many took 70, 80, 90 to 100 days to deliver. Why is that??

That's kinda worrying since I thought it would be within 2 months to get the federal tax credit.

Ordered mine on Sept 14, Delivered Sept 27th. Build Date 9/18 and I think my Delivery Center is the furtherest from CA.

You're including orders that could NEVER be delivered for a couple months. So that skews the stats.
Look at what the delivery rate is for more recent config dates. You could narrow it to your location too.

Color, Location and Options will affect it though.

Mine was MSM, Black Interior and 18" wheels. EAP + FSD.

Like if you order a Red, with White Interior and 18" wheels they might not make many of those. Because someone wanting it that "Flashy" look would opt for 20" wheels. It's tricky.

They probably made more of the common configurations, but common configurations might also have more demand. And those combinations might vary by location. I think you can order any performance config you want and you'll get it before end of year. But some combinations at some locations will be quicker than others.

Order it already. Oops, someone just grabbed yours. Oops there goes another...

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911