Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla adding FSD to used cars to inflate the prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been keeping my eye open for a decent used MY3 LR, but every single one of them on tesla canada's site has FSD added. Nope, not going to buy an incomplete peice of software thats not transferable to the next car I'll purchase.

Tesla adds FSD to all used cars they sell, period. if you dont want FSD on a tesla, then you will either need to buy a brand new car from tesla, or a used car from someone else. You will not be buying a used car from tesla without FSD, so you are wasting your time looking for that, if thats what you want.

Reactions: blue_dragon
Thanks for confirming what I suspected.
I don't think people fully understood what you are asking/suspecting. Yes, I believe Tesla is adding FSD on the used cars on purpose to: 1) Inflate their prices, 2) Increase the number of users for it's FSD program, even when it's in Beta, 3) Force people to unwillingly pay for FSD indirectly, with most of them probably not using the feature at all.
I think it's a very bad practice by Tesla as the software is in Beta and there is no clear timeline on when it will be final. Paying more than $10K for a software is just doesn't make sense + with all the recent changes to Radar and no Sonars in new Teslas and all the changes from those upgrades/downgrades, software will never become final for at least 4-5 more years.

I've been keeping my eye open for a decent used MY3 LR, but every single one of them on tesla canada's site has FSD added. Nope, not going to buy an incomplete peice of software thats not transferable to the next car I'll purchase.
You can reach out directly to a sales advisor and let them know you want to buy the car but don’t want FSD. They have definitely removed it from used inventory cars in the past. Worth a shot!

Reactions: blue_dragon