Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is tesla going bankrupt?

Will Tesla go bankrupt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kirby, it depends on what you are getting at with your question. Maybe another angle to view: Do you think that with all Tesla has achieved, it would possible for them to go out of business? Not likely The worst that will ever happen is a buy out by someone.

Sure they could make major mistakes and get themselves in a bind, forcing sale, but bankruptcy and going out of business is not something I believe could happen.

I do need to say I am biased having bought multiple MS's and hundreds of thousands in stock. It's one of the first things I concluded before I started investing. Of course I could be wrong but this is my belief.

There's a ton of Tesla haters so innocent questions can be taken out of context. Sometimes hard to tell a troll from someone new and just starting their Tesla company picture.

I'm no financial guru but I gave serious thought to the fate of Tesla before I bought one and concluded Tesla's not going to collapse. One of the reasons I believe this is its CEO, a wealthy physicist and engineer with outstanding strategic business sense. Tesla will have financial issues for a while as it ramps up but it solved the electric car "problem" and has mightily impressed the car-buying public. Nothing is standing in its way and its future is spectacular. Tesla has changed the world. If GM or Apple had any sense, they'd but it while the stock is depressed. And it's depressed because investors/bean counters do not like roller-coaster rides and visionary, entrepreneurial CEOs who blaze new paths. It makes them nervous. And dyspeptic. *Burp*. Pass the Pepto-Bismol.

• Love
Reactions: Electroman
$6 billion due in next 5 quarters.
Losses of $billions every Q.
Junk debt rating.

Hummmm - "HE" will save us!
"HE" flying 200 x year in his G650 will save the PLANET!

Since 2003, Tesla has never defaulted on its debts. As a matter of fact, it even repaid the Federal Loan early.

Yet, each time from 2003, some people just keep on worried.

Wall Street is worried that Tesla's going broke yet again

It's a tiring broken record.

I guess i can't ask a serious question... nothing else to do, or troll bait. Those are bot stupid responses to a question that deserves serious consideration

This may seem to you like a serious question that you’ve never seen discussed before.

To us, it’s one that gets asked at least once a month, either by someone who just saw a misleading news article or someone who wants to create controversy.

The thing is, there are literally billions of dollars of shorts on TSLA, far beyond any other stock and far beyond any logic - because there are big interests that stand to make huge profits if they can drive Tesla out of business or even delay their success, and shorting the stock makes it harder for the company.

That same money routinely buys biased media articles predicting failure, and probably some people coming here and trying to create controversy.

So it’s perhaps not surprising that the same question asked every month with no new data gets a rather cavalier response, whether the author is genuinely curious after seeing fake news or has more malign intent.

You misspelled bankrupt.

Its bankwupt

180401-musk-bankwupt-630x625.jpg

Attachments

• 180401-musk-bankwupt-630x625.jpg
    180401-musk-bankwupt-630x625.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 28
There has been so much talk. Tesla is running out of money. everybody will be left high and dry. the car companies are against it. the inions are against it, the dealers are against it, the government is against it. wall street is against it. The only people for it are the customers. how can it survive?
If the government is against Tesla; seems to me you would be for Tesla ~ just sayin’:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL