Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the free ludicrous upgrade for current owners still in effect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that is ridiculously correct

Just to sadly underpin this point I called Tesla of Springfield NJ to find out if this was still available and they stated emphatically it had expired at the end of the quarter. I then called Tesla Short Hills NJ and they said as far as they were aware it was still available.

I tweeted out to Tesla as well, let's see what that gets me....

Any other result would have been really surprising.

This. While I'd certainly like to take advantage someday, $20k is a lot to put out there as an incentive. Granted, it costs Tesla much less to enable, and it likely spurs some who wouldn't have gotten a P to get it so they can take advantage of the free Ludicrous. But it also knocks $20k off every upgrading S/X purchase where the purchaser would have bought Ludicrous.

I expect we'll see this deal come back sporadically.

Reactions: SSedan
This. While I'd certainly like to take advantage someday, $20k is a lot to put out there as an incentive. Granted, it costs Tesla much less to enable, and it likely spurs some who wouldn't have gotten a P to get it so they can take advantage of the free Ludicrous. But it also knocks $20k off every upgrading S/X purchase where the purchaser would have bought Ludicrous.

I expect we'll see this deal come back sporadically.

In my case it certainly made them money. Without the offer, I would have bought the LR - and possibly not for another year.

It was the combination of this incentive hitting right with the Raven improvements and the Autonomy Day that convinced me the time was right - and while I was thinking they added the 5k miles bonus and tipped me over the edge.

So I bought a more expensive car than I might have, and sooner, too. I suspect I'm not alone in that.

Of course, if demand was high enough that they could have sold the same car to someone else at full price, they lost a significant chunk of profit from the incentive (though they made a good bit of it back on the difference between the trade in offer they gave and the market value of my prior X.)

In my case it certainly made them money. Without the offer, I would have bought the LR - and possibly not for another year.

It was the combination of this incentive hitting right with the Raven improvements and the Autonomy Day that convinced me the time was right - and while I was thinking they added the 5k miles bonus and tipped me over the edge.

So I bought a more expensive car than I might have, and sooner, too. I suspect I'm not alone in that.

Of course, if demand was high enough that they could have sold the same car to someone else at full price, they lost a significant chunk of profit from the incentive (though they made a good bit of it back on the difference between the trade in offer they gave and the market value of my prior X.)

I am totally in the same boat.