Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the white interior better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Looks better to me - personal pref
2. Cooler in hot climate
3. Soft and plushy compared to black seats - yes there is a difference
4. Can get dirty quick
5. It's annoying how the seats can get stained by the seat belts!!

I would recommend ceramic coating the seats if you do get it. I usually would leave my jacket in the back seat but with white seats, I leave nothing and have to always be cautious about it.

Reactions: XLR82XS
1. Looks better to me - personal pref
2. Cooler in hot climate
3. Soft and plushy compared to black seats - yes there is a difference
4. Can get dirty quick
5. It's annoying how the seats can get stained by the seat belts!!

I would recommend ceramic coating the seats if you do get it. I usually would leave my jacket in the back seat but with white seats, I leave nothing and have to always be cautious about it.

LMAO I'm not sure if ceramic coating the seats is a joke but it sounds funny. I've been deciding on buying a second Model 3 with a white interior because the one I currently have has a black interior, and the white interior look is growing on me

Tesla claims premium materials. Designed to be easy to clean and suitable for famililies with children.

Some have reported that new blue jeans can still stain the synthetic material.

Also intended to appease those of the vegan persuasion.

LMAO I'm not sure if ceramic coating the seats is a joke but it sounds funny. I've been deciding on buying a second Model 3 with a white interior because the one I currently have has a black interior, and the white interior look is growing on me
I use Leather Q2shield by Gyeon as a coating on the seats, so no joke.
20190808_141517.jpg

Leather cleaners and sealant is for leather... these seats are not leather.

All that is needed to clean them is some Lysol or Clorox wet wipes, Jean stains come right off.

Also, it likely costs Tesla nearly the same to make either type, they are merely selling aesthetic for a premium. Full disclosure: I paid the premium

The only issue with glare is the white trim across the dash reflecting on the side window, somewhat blocking the mirror on bright sunny days. Otherwise, no glare issues.

Reactions: Octo
I think “ceramic coating” “vegan leather” in a car with “full self driving” capabilities has got to be the pinnacle of marketing misappropriation of a language.

The Tesla is awesome and the white interior looks amazing. I would just clean the plastic seat surface with soapy water.

I ordered white. The material is softer than what I remember black being. The glare issue is real, although with polarized sunglasses I've learned to tilt my head a certain direction and it helps some, so not that bad. I've dealt with blue jean dye as well, a little scrubbing with some wet wipes and it's come off. The only thing I haven't been able to get off yet is the seat belt stains as mentioned above. Haven't spent a lot of time trying yet though. Also have a 5 year old in a booster seat in back. She's easy to clean up after with some wet wipes too, haven't noticed any wear from the booster yet.

Overall, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It really helps here in the AZ heat. I have parked next to another red 3 with black interior and the white looks way better IMO.

I have the white trim on my P3D and love it.

The manufacturer recommends a wide variety of cleaners, including 409, Fantastik, rubbing alcohol, Clorox wipes, Lysol wipes, etc.

https://www.ultrafabricsinc.com/sites/default/files/environment/Disinfectants_3-2018.pdf

I have a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol that I use with cloth baby diapers, and the alcohol as a cleaner works great. I am proactive about caring for the seats, and clean them quickly about once per week with the alcohol. They look as good as new after almost a year. I have had a small stain or two that has come right out, and not many problems other than that...My son wears Levi's jeans all the time, but I haven't noticed any color transfer on the passenger seat.

I would buy the white seats again in a heartbeat, as I think they look great...I did not have tint applied to the car, so the glare issue is pretty minor for me...

Leather cleaners and sealant is for leather... these seats are not leather.

All that is needed to clean them is some Lysol or Clorox wet wipes, Jean stains come right off.

Also, it likely costs Tesla nearly the same to make either type, they are merely selling aesthetic for a premium. Full disclosure: I paid the premium

The only issue with glare is the white trim across the dash reflecting on the side window, somewhat blocking the mirror on bright sunny days. Otherwise, no glare issues.
I know it is vinyl and not leather but these products can be used for that material to. I did it on a model X and even new jeans leave no stains because the coating repels it.

Absolutely paying a grand for a different color. I have one in black and one in white. Same feel on both, same stitching, cut, plushness, etc. I can tell no difference other than the color. Perhaps the white material is different / 'premium' but I really doubt the cost is much different at all to Tesla. White still looks way better though so you just have to pay the Tesla tax.

Reactions: XLR82XS
I wanted the white until I saw the stains from the seatbelts. That cancelled that option for me. Plus I tend to vape in my car and I can imagine it yellowing the white after a few years... But yeah, seatbelt stains are a first world problem I don't need...