Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a historical pricing list anywhere?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @bcsteeve. There are some design studio screenshots here. For the Canada version, click on the links in column D. For the USA version, click on the links in columns L to O. You could also use the wayback machine (link). You might need to check teslamotors.com instead of tesla.com for older models.

• Disagree
Reactions: dhanson865
Clever :) But... too many options/configurations/dates/countries to be able to know what any given image is really showing.

I honestly didn't think this would be hard lol. I thought the wayback machine would work and I could simply look up any given time and BAM... full pricing for everything. Nope.

Its going to be way more work than I thought to make it generalized - so I don't think I'll bother - but I do have a method that works. For example, I found that in Canada in June 2015 the Model S cost $87200 with a delivery price of $1120 and Inspection of $180 and the options were as follows:

P85D: 34100 (I'm not sure if that includes the two below? I think so)
Performance Package: 11000
85 kWh Battery: 5900

Metallic paint: 1150
Multi-coat paint: 1700
Paint Armor: 1000

19" Aero wheels: 2800
19" Cyclone: 2800
19" Winter Tire Set: 2700
21" Turbine: 5100
21" Winter Tire Set: 5900

Leather Seats: 2000
Next Generation Seats: 2800
Leather and Alcantara Seats: 2800
Carbon Fiber: 1150
Wood trim: 850

Subzero Weather Package: 1150
All Glass Panoramic Roof: 1700
Carbon Fiber Spoiler: 1150
Ultra High Fidelity Sound: 2800
Autopilot Convenience Features: 2800
Smart Air Suspension: 2800
Premium Interior Lighting: 3400
Executive Rear Seats: 3400
Rear Facing Seats: 3400
Wall Connector: 800

Fairly comprehensive and I should be able to do it for any country, almost any month (any date that the Wayback Machine grabbed a page). But the above just took me half an hour and that's just for one! To do it generally, I'd have to code a parser to make it feasible. Since I have *my* answer (the above), I'm not overly inclined right now to take that project on. If someone else wants to... just a matter of grabbing the page source from the archive and parsing the pricing info that's in the code.

Hmm... I do appear to be missing the AWD for the 70 and non P85 in the above.

OK, I realize now I may not have parsed the data entirely correctly. I'm not sure that $11,000 "performance" option was real at that time. It seems that may have been a hidden placeholder for Ludicrous. I'm also not clear on which batteries were actually available. If I'm reading it right, I think the 75D was base at that point? 85D was the listed $5900 upgrade and P85D was the performance version. According to wikipedia, however, RWD variants were available at that time, so I'm a little confused.

Last edited:
I just bought a used 2016 Tesla Modes 75 with the new front and I'm interested to find out how much it would have cost when it was new. This is how it is equipped:
Solid Black Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Tan Next Generation Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Standard Suspension

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,