Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a Tesla Wave or hand sign?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Is there a Tesla Wave or Hand sign? For the Harley Riders there is a little signal they can give that is unique to Harley riders. Just wondering if there is anything like that for Tesla. My wife and I are on vacation and see a LOT of Teslas. I am currently just pointing and giving a thumbs up.

Reactions: fallen888
Hi,

Is there a Tesla Wave or Hand sign? For the Harley Riders there is a little signal they can give that is unique to Harley riders. Just wondering if there is anything like that for Tesla. My wife and I are on vacation and see a LOT of Teslas. I am currently just pointing and giving a thumbs up.
I used to flash my lights or give a thumbs up but as more new buyers come onboard who look at it just as another car there's very little response anymore, sad!

Reactions: the_donjuan
My interaction goes a little bit like this ..

Step #1: Ooh another Tesla, mine's nicer of course!
Step #2: Should I wave? What if it's some stuck up driving it?!
Step #3: The other Tesla is now within face recognition distance, the other driver is looking at me, crap should I wave?
Step #4: The other driver waves with a big grin
Step #5: Oh crap I'd better wave back!
Step #6: Too late ..zoooom.. (other driver thinks I'm a stuck up bitch)

I must complement you on your Avatar.

Thanks. I just couldn't stand it anymore. I usually change the avatar every month or so, but this one's been up since mid-February, so I should probably change it. Here's a copy in case someone looks later and wonders what the heck you're talking about:

breaks brakes.png

(I'll keep it handy, though, and post it again if needed...!)

I got the finger from a C-class driver yesterday. No real idea why. I think he was jealous. I thought it was odd and had no sympathy for him and his puss car.

I do still wave in parking lots and such. But not so much on the road. There are too many in Silicon Valley to safely drive and wave to all!

I actually miss it. There was a time when we were rare. My ego misses that. My portfolio F_ING loves it.:cool:

Thanks to all the believers. We really are changing the world. One electric car at a time.

I wave whenever I notice a Tesla. I see one (or more) on almost daily basis. Half wave back, and half don't. I'm guessing half of those who don't just don't notice me and the other half just don't give a crap.

There was a funny moment a couple of weeks ago when another MS driver passed me on the PA turnpike and (obviously on autopilot as well) turned back with a huge smile and gave me two thumbs up BEHIND the front passenger seat, through the rear passenger side window. :cool: