Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a Tesla Wave or hand sign?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the communist state of Arizona where Tesla is mostly an unknown "outside of Scottsdale" I have NEVER seen another on the road anywhere else "except Scottsdale". Out here in fly over country AZ. there are no opportunities to wave. :(

Comrade, we shall wave with both hands with auto-pilot enabled. I'm about 30 minutes north of Scottsdale and there are a few of us Teslas roaming about the desert lands.

Comrade, we shall wave with both hands with auto-pilot enabled. I'm about 30 minutes north of Scottsdale and there are a few of us Teslas roaming about the desert lands.

Comrade indeed !! I look forward to the day lol!! On another note?? I'll be at the Tempe service center next Wednesday picking up my CPO (finally had a breakthrough) now I can't get my DS off of the phone Hahahaha !! Question for you though.. Being fairly close have you ever visited the destination chargers in the high street garage? I'm wondering if they provide more than 40 amps? My car has dual chargers so that would be nice if I could top off at a faster rate there while visiting friends who live near there.

@tccartier Congrats on your CPO!

I've visited High Street many times (can't resist Ocean Prime or House of Comedy), but I could never find the chargers there. To be fair, I didn't spend too much time looking for it since I'm fairly close to that location. Tesla site says 2 Tesla charges up to 8 kw so I'm thinking it's 40 amp limited. That'll get you about 25 miles per hour.

But, you happen to stop by Scottsdale Quarter, there are 2 Tesla chargers with 8 kw also (40 amp) which is very easy to find right outside of Eddie Vs (another nice place for good eats.... see a theme here?).

Good luck, Comrade!

Hi,

Is there a Tesla Wave or Hand sign? For the Harley Riders there is a little signal they can give that is unique to Harley riders. Just wondering if there is anything like that for Tesla. My wife and I are on vacation and see a LOT of Teslas. I am currently just pointing and giving a thumbs up.
Has nothing to do with Harley's specifically, it's a general signal for all motorcycles.

• Informative
Reactions: WillK
Interestingly, during a 5,000 mile round trip from Sparks, NV to Nashville last month, the only Teslas I ever saw (other than at charging stations) was a car carrier with 10 of them headed East in Utah on the interstate. I would think that living up here near the GF, I'd see more of them. Not yet.

In the communist state of Arizona where Tesla is mostly an unknown "outside of Scottsdale" I have NEVER seen another on the road anywhere else "except Scottsdale". Out here in fly over country AZ. there are no opportunities to wave. :(
I usually see them on the 101 during my commute, of course going between South Scottsdale and Chandler :). Hard to wave when you are both doing 80 in the HOV and watching traffic.

Reactions: tccartier