Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any way to limit my powerwalls to not charging over 80% (ideally, but not necessarily, with storm watch breaking through and charging to 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So needlessly hard on the batteries charging to 100%, much less sitting there for long periods. Is there any way to limit their SoC to something of my choosing (like the 80% SoC Tesla recommends on their cars)?

Ditto the "No" from powersaver. Thats the full answer, there is nothing that stops the powerwalls from charging past 80%. Also, 100% in the app is not 100% charge of the batteries.

Reactions: power.saver
13.5 kWh usable / 14 kWh total capacity = 96.4% actual SoC when app shows 100% SoC.

1696365648916.png

They do charge close to stated energy (according to the API), however I do wonder if there is more going on here than is being presented. The numbers I show are closer to 98.6% charged when the app shows 100%.
How do I access the API? I've accessed the PW web page as the customer using the IP address, but that doesn't show a whole lot of info. I've not seen anything like the graph you shared. Thanks.

How do I access the API? I've accessed the PW web page as the customer using the IP address, but that doesn't show a whole lot of info. I've not seen anything like the graph you shared. Thanks.

I am using Powerwall Dashboard, which runs on a RasPi or MicroPC/Docker. It does the connections to the API directly and logs the information, which can be immensely useful when contacting Tesla for support. Much easier to show with data then tell with a story.