Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a bad PPF job? Please advise what I should do.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's an absolutely atrocious PPF job + they cracked your windshield

I would

1. Demand a full refund. I hope you paid by credit card, do a chargeback if necessary

2. If the shop plays hardball, you would have to take them to small claims court. Get the car out of their hands, find a more reputable shop and get an estimate of how much it will take to fix the damage

If they are this incompetent just be glad they didn't have water drip into your electronics during the front windshield tint install and fry your car

Reactions: P85_DA
I rejected a PPF job on a front bumper cover for my Mazda Miata when I arrived to pick-up the car at dusk, and could see the seams from 30 ft away. However, it was great compared to this.
Yes, get a full refund plus damages (windshield and paint?).

I believe Xpel has a presence on this forum as they’ve responded to various posts in the past. I would contact them with your pictures and details. If your PPF shop is an authorized installer they either need serious retraining or removal from Xpel’s list of authorized installers. Can’t believe they just cut around the front emblem in the frunk (and it looks like they did a crappy job of that). Good luck.

That is indeed terrible. $2K is cheap fo a full cover. Usually you pay more than twice as much. It is not an excuse though, but it helps to shop around and not only look at price.

OP said it was a full front cover, not a full cover. That typically means the full hood is done instead of just 2 foot or so of the hood. That is in addition to the other front parts would also be done in a partial front cover (e.g. headlights, bumper, fenders, and possibly mirrors).

$2k is on the expensive side of reasonable for a full frontal PPF.

OP said it was a full front cover, not a full cover. That typically means the full hood is done instead of just 2 foot or so of the hood. That is in addition to the other front parts would also be done in a partial front cover (e.g. headlights, bumper, fenders, and possibly mirrors).

You're right. I read over that. My bad..

2K was including the tint and the Full front PPF (full, hood bumper fenders)

My PPF guy charges additional $30 for a new Tesla logo, since the original gets removed from Frunk lid for PPF. I didn't have any problem with this and would prefer the PPF be under the "T" rather than the OP's PPF provider solution:eek:.

Time to ask them to pay you the full amount for Tesla to replace the windshield. Do NOT take to it their recommended "glass guy". Next step is to ask them for the full refund of the wrap after they pay you for the front glass. If they disagree - take them to court. Keep these pictures and take more. Document everything including dates and detailed information about every interaction. I'm sure there are cut marks on the paint also from them cutting the film incorrectly on top of the paint.

BTW - I would ask that you let us know who this was so you don't have another Tesla owner or anyone for that matter fall into this trap.

Reactions: davidc18
you have bigger issues then the film. The film will come off easy with a steamers since its still fresh.

the issue you will have is all the CUT marks on your car! I HATE!! let me say this again I HATE! when tesla owners say they want a bulk install and everything tucked in. bulk install = cutting on the car "scoring on the car" most installers wont admit it online but they are cutting on your car!!! if they cut to deep there goes your paint!

I can tell your whole bumper is cut up. theres no reason for the seam at all! im confused why they did that.

Wow... I can't believe they even had the nerve to ask you to pay... Perhaps for the tint if they actually did that right, but that PPF and windshield crack is whack... Let us know how this goes... I'd do like others said and have another (quality) shop do the removal and show you if there is any damage underneath that wont be able to be buffed out... There may need to be paint work done to fix some things seeing how sloppy the install was put together) And definitely a refund for the PPF. Sorry man. When you pay good money, you expect good work...