Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a bad PPF job? Please advise what I should do.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
973E71B2-A995-4F82-A672-DB0DBCDC15B2.jpeg
BE0AD9E4-38A8-49B5-B79D-BB3B98C0E4EE.jpeg
04E1DCD8-E5A4-4519-89C5-EF6420D58D48.jpeg
B3EF4F94-6780-4949-B3E6-7946B9233C9B.jpeg
88B93596-F591-4B3C-866C-83B3F31F784A.jpeg
EA170631-760B-4532-A4C8-79FEF9DB2921.jpeg
E7E43494-6FEC-4F54-A664-8A87BBA79D01.jpeg
18FFF1C8-7306-4BF2-BBFA-AE0BF26D6EF4.jpeg
Folks,

Apologies for a long post. But I am in distress, need your advise. TIA

I had my Model 3 tinted with Suntek CIR however on the front windshield there was a crease and I took it back, they said they’d replace it and also asked me about the full front PPF. I said yes and mentioned it has to be in one piece. The shop kept it from Tuesday afternoon till Saturday afternoon.

When I went to pickup I was told that they accidentally cracked my front windshield. At this point my mind blanked out, he said their insurance will call me Monday to have it replaced.

Then I noticed gap and cut marks on the PPF on the bumper. The manager said the gap is a normal relief. I couldn’t agree but just paid them and got the car from there. I later took the pictures and sent to him and expressed my disappointment.

I have zero confidence in that shop. I have spent over 2k for a cracked winshield and a crappy PPF job.

How do I get this rectified? What is my recourse?

The store is Custom Car Stereo and Tint in the DFW area. If my DFW friends plan on using thier services for Model 3, please do think twice.

If I were you I would simply ask for a refund. It might not be worth asking for a removal though, just the refund haha. Let someone else more competent do the removal.

If they refuse a refund you might be out $2k, but at that point I'd threaten with a BBB complaint and then follow through if they still don't give you your money back.

And yes, that's a bad job.

I am sorry.

My worry is they made the car worse off than you can visibly spot.

You need a competent shop to remove the film and tell you what the damage is underneath.

In an ideal world you’d be able to record the removal and prove it happened in the first company’s care but no business would want to get into middle of a dispute with another one.

Your best course of actions is

Level with the owner. Full refund for the ppf and make you whole with any damage found as part of their install. Owner should offer tint for free but that’s not critical as the rest.

When you talk to the owner be very insistent but very nice and hope he is not combative.

Best case, owner can see the big picture and gets it done with no struggle.

If honey doesn’t work, you can bust out the vinegar.

You are going to bring down the wrath of tmc, Reddit, Yelp, BBB and small claims court.

Reactions: P85_DA
BTW, the windshield costs about $600 in parts (windshield + sealant + sales tax) then another $350+ to install if if it is done by Tesla. I just had mine replaced. That PPF install is awful. You need to get a full refund after they pay you for your windshield.

Reactions: P85_DA