Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal for the left light?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick question,

Is it normal to have a split in the left headlight like the picture attached. People have always flashed thinking my lights are on high beam but recently a passenger commented on how high the top section of my left light was shining. Is it normal to have a split in the left beam like this?

Attachments

• PXL_20231014_182548096.jpg
    PXL_20231014_182548096.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 121
The beam looks like a matrix headlamp with some of the matrix missing. The flat part looks right but the gap and then another horizontal line is something I've not seen before. perhaps send a copy of the pic to Tesla and see what they say.
My thoughts too. Don’t ‘matrix’ cars have a mode to project ‘Tesla’ from the light? That might show up a defunct row of LEDs.

Upvote 0
My thoughts too. Don’t ‘matrix’ cars have a mode to project ‘Tesla’ from the light? That might show up a defunct row of LEDs.
Yes, the flat line looks sort of normal, and as has been said in the UK there is an uplift to the left hand lamp in order to illuminate road signs and kerb edges at a greater distance, the gap and then the projected line, which to me would be the slight uplift if it was directly above the long horizontal line looks like the line is being projected a tad too high by introducing a gap, maybe a reset and a lights reset may clear it - or worst case a new headlamp assembly.

I know with full matrix capability the headlamps can extinguish and create a gap if the car detects the beams would dazzle another driver but Tesla are not that advanced with their headlamps yet.

Upvote 0
Guys, thanks for your replies. I've found the issue, the reflective silver casing behind the light has come unclipped from the lens somehow, leaving a massive gap at the bottom. It's in with Tesla next week for the creaking front suspension issue and a faulty tyre pressure sensor so I'll bring it up when I drop it off..........along side the newly cracked windscreen🤦.

• Informative
Reactions: thax1 and Adopado
Upvote 0
so I'll bring it up when I drop it off....
It is a Tesla, if you need reminding. They do things differently, sometimes you don’t see anyone unless you press the buzzer. I simply message them while sitting there rather than press the buzzer as the response is the same as atleaset save some time for the mechanic/or should we call him/her techi? Can’t remember what Tesla’s official title for them is?- check @WannabeOwner post!

Last edited:
Upvote 0