Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal? (headlight issue)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to buy a Model S and am ready to pull the trigger on this Sept 2016 70D
I haven't yet gone to see the car but I noticed from the photos that the left headlight seems to be letting in a lot of water....
It's worth noting that the car has just been washed prior to these photos.

How 'normal' is this?

Link to the ad: shorturl.at/twFX1

1667376723790.png

1667376747032.png

1667376889284.png

1667376921567.png

Last edited:
It’s quite normal as you can see the car is facing right side to the sun and obviously the ambient temperature is low as well. If you are too concern then there is quite easy remedy for this. If the humidity inside will not clear out then there might be a very tiny opening on the light cluster surrounding sealing. I had similar situation and was able to get it fixed by applying additional coating of silicone on the bezel. Obviously you need to clean the area throughly before coating and the light have to come off. This is the facelift, mine is nosecone so it might vary a bit how to remove. Nosecone version is easy.

It’s quite normal as you can see the car is facing right side to the sun and obviously the ambient temperature is low as well. If you are too concern then there is quite easy remedy for this. If the humidity inside will not clear out then there might be a very tiny opening on the light cluster surrounding sealing. I had similar situation and was able to get it fixed by applying additional coating of silicone on the bezel. Obviously you need to clean the area throughly before coating and the light have to come off. This is the facelift, mine is nosecone so it might vary a bit how to remove. Nosecone version is easy.
Thanks for the reply

I haven't bought the car yet. Do you think this should put me off from buying it?
The last photo especially just looks like a lot of water to me..