Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is wireless charging coming to the model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3.5 hours to charge 9.5kw ..... Don't see how this is going to work as a main type of charger.
Expecting it to be similar to qi wireless charging on phones which isn't as fast as plugging in most of the time.

With the kind of power involved to charge an EV (7.6Kw @ 32A), I can't imagine the magnetic fields generated by the charging coils are going to be particularly trivial either.. not sure how safe it would be to be standing too close to it while charging!

With the kind of power involved to charge an EV (7.6Kw @ 32A), I can't imagine the magnetic fields generated by the charging coils are going to be particularly trivial either.. not sure how safe it would be to be standing too close to it while charging!

I use to work for one of the partners involved in this and been in a presentation of it. I can't find the official results, but found this instead sections 5.5 and 5.6

I use to work for one of the partners involved in this and been in a presentation of it. I can't find the official results, but found this instead sections 5.5 and 5.6

Exactly.. so not without risk, especially if you have a pacemaker, or any metal in your body.
Depending on power levels, it would be similar to having an MRI scan, which is dangerous if you have any of the above..