Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA Communications / Scheduled Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my ISA call today after some persistent bugging on my end. She set me up for delivery on 4/26 @ 10am in Rockville, MD. Said the car is in transit as we speak, but no more details beyond that.

That will put me at 9 weeks from order to delivery. Now the longest 3 weeks of the entire process begins!

White/EAP/PUP/Aero
Non-owner, line waiter @ Tesla Bethesda (#50).

I called yesterday after being assigned a VIN in the Monday night wave, and they basically told me to screw off and that they would call when they were ready to call. Still no call. :(

@DC-T3SLA Did you ask them to transfer you to your delivery schedule person?
I didn't specifically ask them to transfer me. I had been told that my ISA logged a call and email to me on Tuesday, both of which I showed no record of. B/c of this, the guy I got on the phone was very understanding and said he would escalate it to management at the Tesla Vegas office to ensure I heard from someone today. My ISA called me about an hour later. I suspect they're prioritizing calls by delivery date and with mine not until the end of the month, they probably had me a little further down the list.

• Informative
Reactions: kwest2
I was part of the Monday night VIN wave. I haven’t received a call yet but today I received the delivery docs and request to submit payment. Can I change this to tesla financing if I don’t want to pay cash anymore?

Finally got my ISA call today after some persistent bugging on my end. She set me up for delivery on 4/26 @ 10am in Rockville, MD. Said the car is in transit as we speak, but no more details beyond that.

That will put me at 9 weeks from order to delivery. Now the longest 3 weeks of the entire process begins!

White/EAP/PUP/Aero
Non-owner, line waiter @ Tesla Bethesda (#50).
They gave me the same 3 week delivery window. You'll probably get another call to schedule earlier. Mine delivery date is 10 days after I got my vin in NOVA. Taking delivery on 4/10

I was part of the Monday night VIN wave. I haven’t received a call yet but today I received the delivery docs and request to submit payment. Can I change this to tesla financing if I don’t want to pay cash anymore?

I changed from cash to financing. I called a few weeks ago to tell them and they said they would not it for the ISA. I got me VIN a few days ago and today they made the change on my account. It had the loan amount and the rest that I had to pay which I did today. It may take longer if you will have Tesla do it as they need to approve the loan. But it makes the transaction easier (no extra time to deal with other bank and get funds transfered) so maybe no impact.

I didn't specifically ask them to transfer me. I had been told that my ISA logged a call and email to me on Tuesday, both of which I showed no record of. B/c of this, the guy I got on the phone was very understanding and said he would escalate it to management at the Tesla Vegas office to ensure I heard from someone today. My ISA called me about an hour later. I suspect they're prioritizing calls by delivery date and with mine not until the end of the month, they probably had me a little further down the list.
I am sure they are doing that. Why spend time on a car delivered in three weeks when they have cars being delivered in a few days. I got my VIN a few days ago and no ISA contact. I get delivery on Tuesday. She had to get my sale done so I would be patient.

I have a question about the delivery itself. What are the steps. My wife will drop me off and she has head back to work pretty quickly. We both have to sign as we are both on the title. I would assume it would be inspect car, sign documents, and then get overview of car. Drive off! Is that correct? I see it took people as long as three hours at quarter end. I asked my ISA if it was taking so long and she said it wasn't and quarter end was crazy. I doubt she really knows though because they aren't in the delivery centers. Can anyone let me know the order especially for Fremont if you happen to have picked up there!

I will add one very ironic thing about the process. I was just about to head out to tour the factory when I saw a call on my phone from Las Vegas. Of course it was my ISA calling literally when I was inside the Tesla factory (in the hallway heading to the factory floor.) I bet my car was actually inside at the same time that I was...

I changed from cash to financing. I called a few weeks ago to tell them and they said they would not it for the ISA. I got me VIN a few days ago and today they made the change on my account. It had the loan amount and the rest that I had to pay which I did today. It may take longer if you will have Tesla do it as they need to approve the loan. But it makes the transaction easier (no extra time to deal with other bank and get funds transfered) so maybe no impact.
Thanks. I guess it would help if there was a better way to communicate with the ISA. Right now I feel like since they've sent the delivery documents (cash) they are waiting for me to complete it and will only reach out to me until I do. That and every time i call they send an email to the ISA who is probably "f this annoying guy." All said, some people have a really nice experience, the others (the ones mostly posting) are probably a large exception.

Thanks. I guess it would help if there was a better way to communicate with the ISA. Right now I feel like since they've sent the delivery documents (cash) they are waiting for me to complete it and will only reach out to me until I do. That and every time i call they send an email to the ISA who is probably "f this annoying guy." All said, some people have a really nice experience, the others (the ones mostly posting) are probably a large exception.

I was thinking about this but given how they do everything through the account, I wouldn't really need to talk to my ISA. The VIN showed up. Next was deciding delivery date (I did that because she called me in response to my email). Then I got the MVPA. Signed and sent back. Next was a canned delivery schedule email. Most of what they do is behind the scenes. Of course spending $50K we all want a little TLC. Maybe a FAQ about all the questions we want would help. They are less focused on us figuring out how soon we can get our cars than actually getting people their cars. I'd rather have them focus on the transaction of those ahead of me so I can get my car sooner.

One last thing. I had to change some stuff (added my wife to registration.) I happened to be checking the account and it literally opened showing me to upload photos of her DL. I switched to me laptop and by the time I did, it was on the finance page. My ISA was literally at that moment updating this for us...but I could see it. Pretty weird.

This may be a unique scenario, but I’ll ask anyway. When My ISA sent me the docs to be signed, I signed and returned immediately. About twenty minutes later I received Tesla’s signatures copy. I immediately sent this over to my credit union, who has lots of experience with Tesla purchases.

They mailed out the check the next day, but they sent it to FREMONT. As would happen, late that day my ISA messaged me “have the bank send check to me at this Vegas address” not knowing it was already enroute to the wrong place.

How screwed is my delivery going to be now?

This may be a unique scenario, but I’ll ask anyway. When My ISA sent me the docs to be signed, I signed and returned immediately. About twenty minutes later I received Tesla’s signatures copy. I immediately sent this over to my credit union, who has lots of experience with Tesla purchases.

They mailed out the check the next day, but they sent it to FREMONT. As would happen, late that day my ISA messaged me “have the bank send check to me at this Vegas address” not knowing it was already enroute to the wrong place.

How screwed is my delivery going to be now?

That's weird. My MVPA said to mail the check to Fremont. That's what my CU did.

My MVPA says to wire the money and provides the banking information. No information about where to mail the check.

You mail it to the address at the top of the MVPA's page 2. My ISA also sent me an email for payment methods that said,

Congratulations on scheduling pick-up of your Model 3! Our contracts team is currently generating your final motor vehicle purchase agreement (MVPA). The MVPA will include the final amount due. Your bank or credit union will need this document in order to release the funds. Please be advised that you are fully responsible for ensuring that Tesla receives these funds before you can take ownership of the vehicle.

There are three ways that we accept payment from third party lenders. Please read carefully:

1. Ask your bank or credit union for a cashier’s check and bring it with you on the day of your appointment – fastest method**

2. Ask your bank or credit union to overnight us a cashier’s check – must provide a tracking number and photo copy of the cashier’s check
Our mailing address is: 45500 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538

3. Wire transfer (takes 2-3 business days) –instructions will be on page 7 of the MVPA

Why would you mail it to the address on page 2 when page 5 is entitled Payment Instructions. Perhaps there are different MVPA based on payment method or location. I am financing and delivery is Fremont.

Sorry. My mistake. The payment instructions don't say anything about cashiers checks. The address at the top of page 2 is the same address that was in the ISA email about where to send the check.