Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA Communications / Scheduled Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan on creating an account for my wife for use on her phone. As for the moment even I do not have access to my Model 3 via the app. This is something I was already aware of from the forum here but they should explain to you during the delivery (they did not mention this at all during my own delivery). I lost access to my Model 3 in the app overnight because I’m still not the registered owner of the vehicle in Tesla’s system. I had to call the service number earlier this morning for an unrelated issue and asked about this. Rep I spoke to said that access is temporarily granted during the delivery process so that you can test your phone and whatnot. But then after that your access is revoked for approximately 24 hours after which time Tesla’s system is updated to show you as the owner of that vehicle and then the app works again.

Given this little annoyance I suspect to get a second Tesla account associated with your Model 3 you may first need to wait until this process completes on Tesla’s end for your own account. In any case I wouldn’t bother rushing to get this up and running with two accounts because you will likely run into the same issue myself and many others have reported that there’s about a 24 hour window post delivery when you won’t be able to use the app at all.

Once you are ready to get the second account associated I believe I’ve read that you can just call the Tesla support number and they can associate your spouses separate Tesla account with your vehicle.

We were told we both had to log in to the same account
Yeah, this is what we ended up doing. It was a really big deal. I had thought that two accounts would enable personalized profiles that travel with your phone. I believe that is something planned for the future when the Tesla Network is up and running. Until then, just sharing an account works fine.

Rep I spoke to said that access is temporarily granted during the delivery process so that you can test your phone and whatnot. But then after that your access is revoked for approximately 24 hours after which time Tesla’s system is updated to show you as the owner of that vehicle and then the app works again.
I haven't heard about this temporary access. Where do you see the "show you as the owner" in the app? At the bottom of the main page in the app, I see the VIN and current mileage of the car. No where does it talk about "owner".

I hooked up my app and it seemed to work for awhile but then forgot the "Phone Key" part. I had heard that reinstalling the app sometimes makes things much better so I did that but still wouldn't hook up. Ended up rebooting my phone and that fixed things (for a bit). Still haven't gotten walk-up/unlock to work very well.

Rather than posting more of this here, I'll find a thread on the app and start asking questions - Sorry for the distraction here.

DS never let me know that my car was found to have a faulty brake caliper during pre delivery inspection so I showed up to my appointment on time. In fact I’ve never communicated with my DS which is apparently not what he told the people here.

Now just waiting.......

DS never let me know that my car was found to have a faulty brake caliper during pre delivery inspection so I showed up to my appointment on time. In fact I’ve never communicated with my DS which is apparently not what he told the people here.

Now just waiting.......
Bummer. I’m about 4 hours out from my appointment. Hopefully they get you squared away soon, or at least give you a loaner.

Waiting definitely seems to be a theme for deliveries.
I can confirm this as well. Showed up at my appointment on Friday at 11am. During the delivery, it was discovered that the charging port door wouldn't open reliably. One of the guys helping us with the delivery was very concerned since we were going on a trip from Seattle to Portland almost immediately after delivery. He said they have the part in house and would take the car to get the port replaced. He did mention that it might take upwards of 3 hours. Since we were 50 minutes away, it didn't make sense for us to go home and then return so we went to get some lunch. About 1.5 hours later, they called and all was fixed. I was very appreciative of the guy helping us out and pushing our repair through the system so quickly.

Side note: the charging port seemed to open the first try (from app, press on charge port, from vehicle screen). Subsequent attempts would fail but after a few seconds (~20), it would work again. Kind of weird but replacing the port seemed to fix the issue. We didn't have any troubles with the port on the trip.

• Informative
Reactions: JimmyAZ and Troy916
Ahhhhhhh so frustrated right now!!! Just got off the phone with the ISA. I was supposed to take delivery last Wed (3/28) but it was a long shot because of timing. I can understand that it takes a while for transportation being on the other side of the country. I was rescheduled to today at 2pm (2.5 hrs from now). I double checked on Friday and it appeared that everything was on track for today still. I just got off the phone with the ISA that the local SC stated the car has not arrived yet but should be there sometime today. They asked for another reschedule to Wednesday (4/4). I know I'm fortunate enough to take delivery this early in the ramp just wanted to vent. *Vent over*

Got the call from my ISA today after getting VIN on Thurs. It was really just to confirm financials and registration details. Car is starting transport and the estimate he provided was for delivery on the week of April 23rd. Even for being in South Carolina, that seems long...maybe I'm wrong?

If that's the case, that'll make 9+ weeks from config to delivery. That's a crazy week for me too, so I may not be able to take delivery until the week after.

Car is starting transport and the estimate he provided was for delivery on the week of April 23rd. Even for being in South Carolina, that seems long...maybe I'm wrong?

Took approximately 3 weeks from my first contact with my ISA till I took delivery. That’s from CA to NJ. I suspect it would be similar timing to most other locations on the East coast.

I got a similar timeline from my ISA. Somewhat disappointing since it surely doesn't seem like it'd take 3 weeks to truck across the US. But it sounds like it stops at a regional center and switches trucks.

Got the call from my ISA today after getting VIN on Thurs. It was really just to confirm financials and registration details. Car is starting transport and the estimate he provided was for delivery on the week of April 23rd. Even for being in South Carolina, that seems long...maybe I'm wrong?

If that's the case, that'll make 9+ weeks from config to delivery. That's a crazy week for me too, so I may not be able to take delivery until the week after.
My car left on March 12 and arrived in Charlotte Saturday morning, just hours before I took delivery.

Still waiting... our car was supposed to arrive in Raleigh on 3/26 and be delivered 3/28. Was told on 3/26 that there was a 1 or 2 day delay due to weather, but somehow a 1 or 2 day delay resulted in a 3 day push to 3/31, Saturday for delivery. Got the "your model 3 has arrived!" email Friday, 3/30. Pumped! Called to make sure Saturday morning and was told the car was still in Birmingham (depot where cars transported by train from CA sit until truck carriers pick them up and deliver to East Coast locations). It was not loaded on the carrier for an unknown reason. Was told Logistics Team was treating this with high priority. As of now (Tuesday 4/3), no word on where the car is or when it's coming. Very different from my 2016 Model S experience, they hit the dates and communicated clearly. This has been a fiasco..

Still waiting also. Paid in full almost 2 weeks ago. Told last week M3 had left Birmingham and was near Mt Kisco, NY. Car was expected yesterday and then today. Had delivery appointment April 3. Called customer support at tesla and delivery support at mt Kisco and now they say it really never left Birmingham and M3 just sits on a tarmac, no explanation given. This is after I was told 12 days ago the vehicle was shipped to the SC and ready to be delivered so they needed full payment which I foolishly submitted. I have been given the total runaround just so they could collect. Shame on me for being so trusting and naive.

Ahhhhhhh so frustrated right now!!! Just got off the phone with the ISA. I was supposed to take delivery last Wed (3/28) but it was a long shot because of timing. I can understand that it takes a while for transportation being on the other side of the country. I was rescheduled to today at 2pm (2.5 hrs from now). I double checked on Friday and it appeared that everything was on track for today still. I just got off the phone with the ISA that the local SC stated the car has not arrived yet but should be there sometime today. They asked for another reschedule to Wednesday (4/4). I know I'm fortunate enough to take delivery this early in the ramp just wanted to vent. *Vent over*
Update: Spoke with local SC this morning and they confirmed the car was delivered and is on the lot and will be ready for pickup tomorrow.