Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since you brought up the Bush family , to flesh it out one more level, George W Bush managed to get into the Texas air National Guard as a pilot on an end of life jet (The F-102) so there was little chance of his unit being called up to serve in Vietnam.

Yup. He wanted to weasel out, so he did. His other brothers were too young and I don't think any went into the military.

Of course there are exceptions to the rich and powerful rule. But they're the exceptions. But I don't want to cast too many stones. I didn't serve.

My overall point is that the rich and powerful can get out of serving if they want to, but many do serve.

I didn't serve either. I probably would have been 4F, my knees wouldn't have made it through basic training.

Biden's debate performance was a gift to netanyahu. Either Biden will drop out or the dems will lose. Thus Biden is now a lame duck no matter what, and netanyahu has a freer hand.

As the saying goes, who lost in that debate? America.

Meanwhile, instead of focusing on Israel or women's rights, the democratic party will focus on trying to get Biden to step out of the race. Any replacement candidate who has a shot will almost certainly be to the right of Biden, and thus more supportive of Israel. Bowman's primary loss is all about Israel, and shows that where the democrat voters are headed.

I suppose trump could be sent to jail, and we could end up with two parties scrambling for candidates. Again, that just will let netanyahu do whatever. We live in interesting times.

Interesting how efficiently and effectively our American system of politics has fleshed out all these issues, and shone a light on the capabilities and weaknesses of our candidates. People are a bit more aware of who and why they are casting their votes.
The ball is now in the Democrats to determine how they will proceed, and ultimately will be decided at the ballot box.

• Funny
Reactions: madodel
Biden's debate performance was a gift to netanyahu. Either Biden will drop out or the dems will lose. Thus Biden is now a lame duck no matter what, and netanyahu has a freer hand.

As the saying goes, who lost in that debate? America.

Meanwhile, instead of focusing on Israel or women's rights, the democratic party will focus on trying to get Biden to step out of the race. Any replacement candidate who has a shot will almost certainly be to the right of Biden, and thus more supportive of Israel. Bowman's primary loss is all about Israel, and shows that where the democrat voters are headed.

I suppose trump could be sent to jail, and we could end up with two parties scrambling for candidates. Again, that just will let netanyahu do whatever. We live in interesting times.

Biden's debate performance was not great. It came out today that he was in the last stages of a bad cold he got in Europe.

But incumbent presidents pretty much always do poorly in the first debate and it doesn't usually affect their chances at re-election. If it did we would have had Presidents Mondale, Dole, Kerry, and Romney. Reagan, Clinton, GW Bush, and Obama all had bad first debates when they ran for re-election. And the electorate is less flexible to changing their minds now than they have been in our lifetimes.

Nobody can guarantee a Biden win. Presidential races are almost always 50 something to 40 something and sometimes 40 something to 40 something when there is a third party to suck up some of the vote. That means either candidate has a shot in just about any election. But I do think the Democrats still have built in advantages. My partner saw one focus group of undecided voters after the debate and the people wanted to see the candidates address the issues. Trump reminded them why they didn't like him in 2020 and though Biden was not great, he did actually answer the questions and told people what he wants to do in a second term.

What I've found all over today are people hand wringing about how everyone else is going to vote for Trump now, but their vote hasn't changed. I don't think the debate moved the needle at all, or if it did, it's within the margin of error. The election is 4 months away. That is both a short time and a long time. It is almost certain that things are going to happen between now and the election that will stick in people's minds more than this debate.

Unless something physically happens to one of the candidates, the choice in November will be between Trump and Biden. That's it. Technically Trump can run from prison. Few people like it, but that's what we have in front of us. Once people accept that the choice really is those two and there are no backsies, people will hold their nose and vote for the one that is least objectionable.

Hopefully the war in Israel will be settling down by the election.

Biden's debate performance was not great. It came out today that he was in the last stages of a bad cold he got in Europe.

But incumbent presidents pretty much always do poorly in the first debate and it doesn't usually affect their chances at re-election. If it did we would have had Presidents Mondale, Dole, Kerry, and Romney. Reagan, Clinton, GW Bush, and Obama all had bad first debates when they ran for re-election. And the electorate is less flexible to changing their minds now than they have been in our lifetimes.

Nobody can guarantee a Biden win. Presidential races are almost always 50 something to 40 something and sometimes 40 something to 40 something when there is a third party to suck up some of the vote. That means either candidate has a shot in just about any election. But I do think the Democrats still have built in advantages. My partner saw one focus group of undecided voters after the debate and the people wanted to see the candidates address the issues. Trump reminded them why they didn't like him in 2020 and though Biden was not great, he did actually answer the questions and told people what he wants to do in a second term.

What I've found all over today are people hand wringing about how everyone else is going to vote for Trump now, but their vote hasn't changed. I don't think the debate moved the needle at all, or if it did, it's within the margin of error. The election is 4 months away. That is both a short time and a long time. It is almost certain that things are going to happen between now and the election that will stick in people's minds more than this debate.

Unless something physically happens to one of the candidates, the choice in November will be between Trump and Biden. That's it. Technically Trump can run from prison. Few people like it, but that's what we have in front of us. Once people accept that the choice really is those two and there are no backsies, people will hold their nose and vote for the one that is least objectionable.

Hopefully the war in Israel will be settling down by the election.
Now it’s a cold...before it was fatigue from being tutored by his staff....multiple answers look like a coverup and more likely to reinforce the earlier opinion that he has senior moments.
Just to make a comparison, Trump was heavily criticized for pressuring his doctor to give him a clean bill of health in his initial presidential run. There should be pressure on Biden’s doctor to disclose if he suspects senility

Now it’s a cold...before it was fatigue from being tutored by his staff....multiple answers look like a coverup and more likely to reinforce the earlier opinion that he has senior moments.
Just to make a comparison, Trump was heavily criticized for pressuring his doctor to give him a clean bill of health in his initial presidential run. There should be pressure on Biden’s doctor to disclose if he suspects senility
This was dealt with only a few months ago.

Unless you are demanding the same (I DO!) for both sides, I am not sure what you are getting at. Monthly evaluations? I am good with that if both of them are examined independently and agree to divulge the actual results.

Reactions: iPlug and madodel
This was dealt with only a few months ago.

Unless you are demanding the same (I DO!) for both sides, I am not sure what you are getting at. Monthly evaluations? I am good with that if both of them are examined independently and agree to divulge the actual results.
A monthly psychological exam by an independent psychiatrist (or board of psychiatrists would be better) of all candidates. I have no doubt that Joe would pass that with no problem.

Biden is an 81 year old who had some sort of infection (as his coughing throughout showed). Apparently by the next morning he was fine at a rally in North Carolina. I'd prefer someone younger who wouldn't be as affected by an infection as an 80 year old would be, but he's sane, he's decent person and he has advisors who know what they are doing.

Reactions: wdolson and DrGriz
A monthly psychological exam by an independent psychiatrist (or board of psychiatrists would be better) of all candidates. I have no doubt that Joe would pass that with no problem.

Biden is an 81 year old who had some sort of infection (as his coughing throughout showed). Apparently by the next morning he was fine at a rally in North Carolina. I'd prefer someone younger who wouldn't be as affected by an infection as an 80 year old would be, but he's sane, he's decent person and he has advisors who know what they are doing.
The article says he wears CPAP at night for obstructive sleep apnea. He had a cold. I hypothesize that he couldn't tolerate the CPAP for several nights due to the cold and was unusually tired due to that as well. Simple as that.

• Informative
Reactions: wdolson and madodel