Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In any event, on September 12th 2001 and shortly thereafter, would it have been appropriate for gatherings around the US/world to protest the plight of the Saudis after thousands of innocent Americans were murdered in cold blood?
Who are the innocent Saudis who were targeted by the US right after Sept 11? How many thousands of Saudi innocent victims died when the US stroke back their attackers?

Why can't we protest against war crimes when they happen?

Should we give time to their perpetrators when they still haven't felt revenged yet? What's the good ratio for victims on each side before protests against war crimes / terrorist attacks / colonization / racial segregation (etc) become acceptable?

• Disagree
Reactions: madodel and X Fan
As of 10/11/2023, the poll still favors Israel at 65%, which is pro-Israel vs 8% which is critical of Israel. That's a huge gap:

4zXXkQL.jpg
What a ambiguous/misleading survey: one can one support a country victim of terrible attacks and criticize its government (for what it did before the attack, during the attack and after)? One can also support two countries (if only there was a Palestine state though…) and criticize their governments. And if one wants not to support a country/government, one can still stay and do something.

What an ambiguous/misleading survey: one can one support a country victim of terrible attacks and criticize its government (for what it did before the attack, during the attack and after)? One can also support two countries (if only there was a Palestine state though…) and criticize their governments. And if one wants not to support a country/government, one can still stay and do something.
Just reread the questions. You can’t be privately pro Israel also!

Don't know if anyone else saw this. If true, it doesn't seem like there are any vocal "moderate" Palestinians if this is actually coming from the "moderate" side. It doesn't seem very moderate to me. This is supposedly an official document of the Palestinian Authority.

What's the source for this, other than Regavim, "established to promote a Zionist agenda for the State of Israel and to protect its resources"?

Reactions: navguy12
Here is where I first saw it reported.

It is also showing up here now and a few other places. It all traces back to the original source but is getting pretty wide distribution.

Given that the UK has been the US’ only ally on some occasions I think it has merit. This generation will have outsized power in just ten years just as UK millennials currently do in the civil service.

I am keen as always to keep everyone in the same tent because this division won’t be going away this century.
Another data point re: UK + a view that Hamas is winning the propaganda battle right now:
YouGov polling has revealed that the sympathies of the great British public are divided. Of those surveyed, 21pc support Israel, while 17pc side with the Palestinians

Here is where I first saw it reported.

It is also showing up here now and a few other places. It all traces back to the original source but is getting pretty wide distribution.

Breitbart and Opindia?
Please - check your sources: OpIndia - Bias and Credibility

And yes, I would call out Huffington Post and Mother Jones, altho the latter at least is more factual than either source you mentioned.

It has absolutely nothing to do with an eye for an eye. Israel has a duty to protect it's citizenry. That Hamas uses human shields in such a despicable manner is simply a reflection upon them.

Also, those same Palestinian authorities claim that ~500 were killed in the Islamic Jihad rocket dud attack on the hospital parking lot- that most intelligent OSINT practitioners peg at much closer to 50 fatalities. Oh, and they still insist that it was an Israeli bomb, not a failed weapon fired by their own countrymen. Hamas & Islamic Jihad are the only groups that rejoice in civilian deaths in this conflict.
Much like what the US Military did to our "indians" or native americans after an attack on troops, whole villages including women and children, old people were killed. Israel is doing the same thing..Israel's Minister of Economy Nir Barkat issued an ominous threat to Iran and Lebanon in an interview published on Saturday, saying his country would "wipe" them "off the face of the Earth" if Hezbollah opens up a northern front in the Hamas war.

Since you've demonstrated a habit of passing on "information" from bad sources, perhaps you could provide your sources when making claims like this. It might improve the chance that people believe what you write. I'm quite sure that you personally cannot know who does or does not "rejoice in civilian deaths".
Wait - are you still believing Hamas' claims regarding the hospital?

French military intelligence says Israeli strike not behind Gaza hospital blast​

Gaza hospital blast was caused by misfired rocket, says European military source​

Much like what the US Military did to our "indians" or native americans after an attack on troops, whole villages including women and children, old people were killed. Israel is doing the same thing..Israel's Minister of Economy Nir Barkat issued an ominous threat to Iran and Lebanon in an interview published on Saturday, saying his country would "wipe" them "off the face of the Earth" if Hezbollah opens up a northern front in the Hamas war.

Israel has repeatedly been issuing pleas to the Gazan civilians to evacuate areas where Hamas is using them as human shields. I wouldn't equate that to massacred villages of Native Americans.

Iran/Hezbollah/Hamas/Islamic Jihad etc. use that same inflammatory rhetoric. I'd have to read or watch the Barkat interview to determine if he was threatening Hezbollah, or the countries that harbor and sponsor them more broadly. I do know that Netanyahu brought in a bunch of far right clowns to the Israeli govt. recently, so that might explain it.

Barely a few days after the biggest pogrom against Jews since WWII and before Israel even started to retaliate - hundreds of thousands of people were out in the streets in the UK (and major US Universities) siding with barbaric Hamas who PURPOSEFULLY burned people alive and targeted civilians.

No protests over the hundreds of thousands killed in Syria or Yemen - but the good people in the UK (and Leftists in our universities) get to their feet if they can vilify Israel? Jewish schools have to be closed around the world and some Islamic extremists have killed civilians in France and Brussels this past week too. A Jewish leader was stabbed to death in her home in Detroit, MI this weekend too - haven't found a motive or the perpetrator yet.

Now we can take comfort that the young and stupid are young and stupid. Who can blame the young and stupid when they are force fed anti-Israel narratives by our garbage Media and extremists dominating Academia?

Sad that Israel is forced to play Hamas's Jihadi torture/murder snuff films to the international media to prove that Hamas tortured, raped and killed thousands of civilians including women, children and the elderly. Not collateral damage, but up close PURPOSEFUL murder of innocent civilians.

We are barely 2 weeks from this unprecedented and vile massacre of civilians and the usual suspects are already trying to whitewash it.

Sad that Israel is forced to play Hamas's Jihadi torture/murder snuff films to the international media to prove that Hamas tortured, raped and killed thousands of civilians including women, children and the elderly. Not collateral damage, but up close PURPOSEFUL murder of innocent civilians.

We are barely 2 weeks from this unprecedented and vile massacre of civilians and the usual suspects are already trying to whitewash it.

Reactions: FireFighterHil
Israel has repeatedly been issuing pleas to the Gazan civilians to evacuate areas where Hamas is using them as human shields. I wouldn't equate that to massacred villages of Native Americans.

Palestinians in Gaza, as well as members of the Palestinian diaspora, told NBC News that they fear Israel will use Hamas’ Oct. 7 terrorist attack to permanently expel Palestinians from the Gaza strip.

Inmates running the asylum.

And the local Media (Minneapolis of course!) takes the side of the violent protesters with egregious headlines like this.

"Man threatens protesters with vehicle, threatens some with a knife"